Earlier this year, UMC (www.UMC.tv), the first streaming service for Black TV and film from AMC Networks, released the first season of its latest new original series, “A House Divided.” Starring Demetria McKinney (Tyler Perry’s House of Payne), Lawrence Hilton Jacobs (The Jacksons: An American Dream), Brad James (Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse), and Paula Jai Parker (Hustle & Flow); the series follows the members of a wealthy, prominent family in Los Angeles who deal with the loss of the family’s matriarch while uncovering and facing a variety of secrets and scandals.
It performed incredibly well and debuted as the #1 series for UMC, where it remained throughout its 6-week run. Season 2 is now in production and the cast has gained two new members: LisaRaye McCoy and Parker McKenna Posey.
UMC (Urban Movie Channel) Greenlights Second Season of ‘A House Divided’ Family Saga Series from Daytime Emmy Nominated Producer, Dan Garcia with two new cast members …
LisaRaye McCoy and Parker McKenna Posey Join New Season in Recurring Roles
Following the announcement of its new docuseries “Behind Her Faith,” UMC (Urban Movie Channel) – the first streaming service for Black TV and film from AMC Networks – announced today that it will continue its original series, “A House Divided” for a second season. The multi-generational family saga, which debuted with six episodes on the streaming network earlier this year in July, follows the members of a wealthy, prominent family in the Los Angeles community who deal with the loss of the family’s matriarch while uncovering and facing a variety of secrets and scandals.
Starring Demetria McKinney (Freeform’s “Motherland,” Tyler Perry’s “House of Payne”), Paula Jai Parker (“Ray Donovan,” “True Blood”), Lawrence Hilton Jacobs (“The Jacksons: An American Dream”), and Brad James (Syfy’s “Superstition,” Tyler Perry’s “For Better or Worse”); the second season will also feature LisaRaye McCoy (“All of Us,” “Single Ladies”) and Parker McKenna Posey (“My Wife and Kids,” “Games People Play”) in new recurring roles.
“The first season of ‘A House Divided’ performed incredibly well on UMC,” said Nikki Love, VP of Development & Production for UMC. “The response we’ve seen from viewers and our subscribers has shown us that this series has developed a very dedicated and passionate audience and they are more than ready for another season of the Sanders family’s antics. We look forward to delivering more juicy storylines and can’t wait to showcase the new dynamic LisaRaye and Parker will bring to the show.”
“A House Divided” comes from Dan Garcia, the creator of UMC’s Daytime Emmy nominated series, “Bronx SIU.” Currently, in production, Season 2 of the series is slated to return in the spring of next year.
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews (video)
- Racist Man with No Mask calls Publix Black Deli Worker a “Ni**er While She Makes his Sandwich (video)
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Former Adult-Rated Preacher Alexyss K. Tylor, Says she is the Child of a Rape by a Dead Major Celebrity
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- “Krazy Karens” Karen Pulls Gun on a Black Woman (video)
- Racist White Woman Gets Slapped
- This ‘Karen’ May no Longer be Racist after This (video)
- Former X-Rated Preacher, Alexyss K. Tylor, has New Profession: Psychic Medium (video)