I wanted to run this because I have lost friends over the years both male and female. Blacks are still disproportionately affected by this disease with many young black men and women not knowing their status and Black radio and the black church is still not at the forefront to assist with HIV/AIDS, mental illness, addiction, heart disease, cancer and many other ailments that affect the black community. Just because we are negative or not affected by these ailments doesn't mean our community is not . How many black lives could be saved if we stop being silent on the issues that matter most to our community? Urban Radio where are you? Press release via UNAIDS
World AIDS Day 2014, December 1 is an opportunity to harness the power of social change to put people first and close the access gap.
Ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030 is possible, but only by closing the gap between people who have access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services and people who are being left behind.
Closing the gap means empowering and enabling all people, everywhere, to access the services they need.
▪ By closing the HIV testing gap, the 19 million people who are unaware of their HIV-positive status can begin to get support.
▪ By closing the treatment gap, all 35 million people living with HIV will have access to life-saving medicine.
▪ By closing the gap in access to medicines for children, all children living with HIV will be able to access treatment, not just the 24% who have access today.
▪ By closing the access gap, all people can be included as part of the solution.
Closing the gap means that ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030 is possible.
A range of materials have been produced to support efforts to close the gap. The materials can be used in different ways to express how individuals, organizations and societies can offer support in closing the gap.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle
- Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys Win First Camel Race as New Owners
- White Guy Loses It on Airplane and Causes Chaos After Dropping Racial and Homophobic Slurs (VIDEO)
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Kanye West vs. Issa Rae | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Lubin’ Jeffrey Toobin Gets Caught On Zoom | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue