The wireless, and inroad wireless, electric vehicle (EV) charging technology company Electreon has plans to implement its first public charging system for EV vehicles. The Electric Road System (ERS) will deploy in Michigan. The system will be the first of its kind in the United States.
On Tuesday, Electreon announced its plans to build the ERS in a partnership with a pilot program with the Michigan Department of Transportation, the Michigan Office of Future Mobility and Electrification, and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation.
“Hosting the first wireless charging road system in the U.S. as part of the open platform we are providing at Michigan Central will serve as a magnet to attract innovators to test on this nationally significant asset joining in the work with Electreon, Next Energy, and many others, and also show people the value electrification can create,” Carolina Pluszczynski, Michigan Central development director, said. “We are excited to actively work with Electreon and source pilot opportunities with such innovators to leverage the open wireless charging system.”
Whether they are in motion or still, Electreon’s charging system can wirelessly charge EVs. The company claims to be the world’s first for demonstrated public road use.
More countries are jumping on board for the ERS system. Germany, Italy, and Sweden are already operating pilots for the program. Tel Aviv, Israel, is preparing to provide a network of plug-free charging for 200 buses.
- Chicago Hit and Run During Fight at Bar Kills 3, Injures 1 (video)
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Woman Shot in the Lips at Party in Atlanta
- Steve Harvey Discusses a Woman Unaware She is Seeing a Married Man (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Online Betting Sites Trying to Figure out Kim Kardashian’s Next Boyfriend (VIDEO)
- Teen Kills his Enemies’ Mother While Visiting Her Son’s Grave for His Birthday
- Amusement Park Evacuated After Three People Shot in Parking Lot
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Chicago Rapper, Qaw’mane Wilson, Hires Friends to Murder his Mother for her Insurance Money