The Daily Show with Trevor Noah discussed President Biden’s gas tax holiday. Over the last few months, oil prices have risen substantially, now gas in the United States is $6 billion a gallon, and drivers are hurting, joked Noah. The good news is Biden wants to help. However, it doesn't seem like he can.
The news commentator said that the President called on Congress to temporarily suspend the gas tax, which is now about $0.18 a gallon. Another news station reported that although stopping the gas tax would help drivers; there is a cost. The money will come from road repair and infrastructure.
The President wants to pass a gas tax holiday on regular and diesel gas; he also wants states to pass a similar version.
“Bring down the price you are charging at the pump to reflect the cost you are paying for the product. Do it now. Do it today,” said President Biden to the oil companies.
Noah said the big difference between President Biden and ex-President Donald Trump; is how they use their power. He also did not like the term gas tax holiday because it's not an actual holiday.
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Mo’Nique’s Apology to DL Hughley (VIDEO)
- The Steve Harvey Show Discusses Martin Lawrence Getting a Star on the Walk of Fame (VIDEO)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Talked to Comedian Earthquake About His New Movie, Tour, and More (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses T.I.’s Anger Over the Cancellation of His Show
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Why the Verdict Against Bill Cosby Might Be Long Overdue (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses What Chris Brown Thinks About His Michael Jackson Comparison
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- WHUR TAKES TOP SLOT IN MAY 2022 NIELSEN RATINGS
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Discusses President Biden’s Gas Tax Holiday (VIDEO)