THE CURRENT CELEBRATES NEW STAFF
In addition to new program director and associate producer, The Current has also promoted a new assistant program director
Today, The Current announces a new program director, associate producer and promotion of assistant program director. Lindsay Kimball has accepted a position to serve as the noncommercial all-music station’s new program director. Kimball will work closely with Jesse Wiza, who was promoted from interim to assistant program director in April. Additionally, The Current has hired Rachel Frances as associate producer for The Morning Show.
“I’m beyond excited to work with the amazing team at The Current again,” Kimball said. “Programming radio is my passion, and I look forward to continuing to strengthen this amazing service and music community partner.”
Kimball started her career as an intern at The Current shortly after the launch of the station in 2005, eventually ascending to the assistant program director role. She has served as a host, producer and manger and helped launch music streams including Rock the Cradle, Radio Heartland and Local Current. She helped develop the early foundation of The Current’s sound and served as the station’s assistant program director before taking a role leading the membership team at Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) in 2019.
Wiza joined The Current in 2017 and has served as music assistant, assistant producer and digital producer before tackling her new role. She is a Michigan native who also worked in the music industry in radio promotions. “The Current means a lot to me and I’m grateful to continue to work alongside such a talented crew,” she said.
Frances brings radio experience including managing her college radio station and working as a producer at KBEA and KIIK in the Quad Cities, MyTalk and ESPN 1500 in the Twin Cities.
“We are thrilled to have all of these talented individuals on board,” said David Safar, Managing Director, The Current. “They each bring unique value to our brand that will help us continue to serve audiences across our region while furthering our mission.”
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Mo’Nique’s Apology to DL Hughley (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Discusses if Chris Brown is ‘Better’ Than Michael Jackson (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Why Lil Nas X is Upset With BET (VIDEO)
- The Breakfast Club Discussed the Outcome of Suge Knight’s Wrongful Death Lawsuit (VIDEO)
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Roland Martin Discusses The Virtual HBCU Experience ‘HBCUv’ with United Negro College Fund (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Why the Verdict Against Bill Cosby Might Be Long Overdue (VIDEO)
- Crystal Jones Comes Clean About TLC Exit (video)
- Woman Gets Prison Time After ‘Prank’ Pushing Man Off Boat, Causing Him To Drown
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,