Home » BLOG » Susan Boyle Destroys Music Industry Image Standard… for Good
HEADLINE

Susan Boyle Destroys Music Industry Image Standard… for Good

Looks like are the Video Star that killed the Radio Star, or at least the reality shows are killing the concept of video stars.

Let’s face it, 1 year ago would have been given a mop and a bucket and pointed to the nearest bathrooms to clean if she walked into a record label. Had she stated she was looking for a deal, record label execs would have literally never stopped laughing. Almost 50 years old, overweight, not easy on the eyes and the MOST unlikely cand idate for a record deal or a 1st smash hit record Boyle, 48, scored massive numbers on the Billboard sales chart breaking new ground that even makes Fantasia, Adam Lambert and ’s signings result in a mere yawn. According to figures provided by Nielsen SoundScan, Dream moved just shy of 701,000 albums in its first week on the charts, which gives Boyle the 2009 sales crown in the U.S. over Eminem’s Relapse, which sold 608,000. Boyle also topped the record for the highest debut by a female solo artist in the SoundScan era, Ashanti’s self-titled 2002 debut, which held the previous record at 503,000.

How did all of this happen? She came out of her shell and took a chance… to amazing results. The once lonely, middle-aged woman admitted her life was once a whirlwind of nothing more than going to work and taking care of her cat. Look how that has changed.   Jennifer Hudson opened the door for the impossible when not even a winner on american idol she won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for Dreamgirls. So these days, it just boils down talent, exposure and how much the audience likes you. Isn’t that the way it should have always been?

Nicki Minaj and Post Malone to Headline 2018 MADE IN AMERICA Festival

Rebecca Fernandez

IHEARTMEDIA RINGS IN THE HOLIDAY SEASON WITH THE RETURN OF ITS ICONIC 2017 NATIONAL “IHEARTRADIO JINGLE BALL TOUR PRESENTED BY CAPITAL ONE®”

Michael Mitchell

Fantasia on Oprah (vid)

OH NO: Hidden Beach Sues Jill Scott

We are the World (for Haiti) New Edition 25 Years Later Pics

SADE “Soldier of Love” video

Brenda December 4, 2009 at 7:56 am

It doesn’t matter how you’re discovered, what you look like or how old you are as long as you have talent, and Susan Boyle does.
She has one of the most beautiful and touching voices I’ve ever heard.
I hope the music industry will give other people like Susan a chance and realize that the public is tired of the talentless stick figures that are being shoved down our throats.
This is the first ablum I’ve bought in years.

Lonnirose December 4, 2009 at 8:04 am

I am not at all surprised that Susan is doing so well – what astounds me is that the music industry is surprised! Susan Boyle is a lovely LADY with an incredibly glorious voice who has recorded a hauntingly beautiful album. How can it miss?

Perhaps the world is tired of all the so-called singers who do nothing more than parade around half naked, scream into a microphone, and call it music. Perhaps we’ve had enough of drugs, immorality, and lewdness from wannabe stars. Maybe we’re ready for a genuine, decent, sweet Lady with the voice of an angel. Looks that way.

firststate December 4, 2009 at 8:41 am

Millions are buying Susan’s CD because the lady can sing – it’s as simple as that.

Jeff December 4, 2009 at 1:15 pm

I have NEVER bought an Album in my whole life of 65years.
Yet I bought this one…..and it’s worth every penny.

What a voice….

Elsie Stockdale December 4, 2009 at 4:25 pm

I agree with Lonnirose………….I think we are all ready for something fresh and clean and natural on the music scene, somebody with real talent ……..i.e. somebody who can actually SING ! Do the music industry moguls have any idea how tedious it gets looking at women’s breasts falling out of their clothes ?

Paul December 4, 2009 at 4:55 pm

The music industry needs a wake-up call, and Susan is giving it to them. Many of us have had enough of listening to screeching and screaming from females who couldn’t carry a tune in a basket. All they have is a body they gyrate around and some sort of gimmick — and then they call themselves a musical “artist”. Susan has a voice that is touchingly beautiful and interprets musical lyrics in a way that the listener can feel. She’s one classy lady.

Patricia December 4, 2009 at 7:20 pm

I suppose you think your article is clever. I think it is dumb,shallow and superficial.

Suzanne Lainson December 4, 2009 at 11:01 pm

I’ve been rooting for her since I saw that first video. I’m a big fan of what is known as “the great American songbook” and she’s got the voice for it. These songs generally work better when the singer has lived a bit. When she sang “I Dreamed a Dream,” it worked not only because she sang it well, but you believed her.