Steve Harvey said he supports Kim Burrel over controversial remarks she made. Gospel singer Kim Burrell has come under fire for controversial comments she made. The gospel singer issued a public apology on Instagram after a video of her went viral on social media, said Shirley Strawberry.
“Gotta choose up, find you some value. You know, sometimes before we get friends, we have to do an interview. How long have you been broke? How many times have you changed your name on your light bill? How many of your bills are in your little cousin’s name. Do you live in a trailer home or a house? You know, you understand. And it’s not about status or material things. It’s just about choices, you know. Life is different now, and you know. We at church thank God we’re here. Those of us that are walking by faith without a mask and no vaccine, and so we honor the Lord. God is good. I respect all of the men of God here and respect you,” said Burrell.
Steve Harvey said he thinks the comments were her attempt at humor. The morning show agreed that they believed Burrell was joking. Harvey said church people could be the most sensitive people. They were angry about the issue of money.
Listeners were not mad about the vaccine or the mask. They were not upset over the PPP loans. The issue was Burrell told people they needed to “choose up,” said Harvey.
“When you tell a poor person you want to choose up, they think you’re talking about them,” said Harvey.
Strawberry noted that Burrell did apologize. Harvey said he does not like friends with no money and is not apologizing. He supports Burrell.
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sexual Contact … but Work (video)