With the world still protesting against police brutality and systematic racism all while dealing with COVID-19, there are several people still missing out on sports. While the NBA plans on making a modified comeback, superstar point guard, Kyrie Irving hosted a call with approximately 80 NBA players making the case that they should not play because playing would distract people from the bigger cause at hand. There are players like Dwight Howard who stand with Kyrie but there are several other players who say it’s easy for those two players to take that stand because they have made millions thus far. First Take host Stephen A. Smith honors Kyrie and others for wanting to take a stand, however, he feels that not playing is foolish and not the answer because, at the end of the day, it is their job. Check out the clip below. Where do you stand on the issue?
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Lyft Denies Incident in Atlanta involved their Vehicle or Driver? (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Revolt Summit X AT&T Announce 2020 Programming Designed to Empower and Inspire Next Generation of Black Leaders
- ALL IN: THE FIGHT FOR DEMOCRACY Now Available on Prime Video and in Theaters
- Can the AKA’s Do It Again and Raise $1 Million in a Day to Support HBCUs?
- Black Mother Stands Up to Cop and Refuses to Let Her Son Become a Hashtag (VIDEO)
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- The Undeniable BEST Black Female Singers of All Time