Flavor Flav May Be OK after Public Enemy Oust Still Serving Up Fame And Fried Chicken In Las Vegas: Yeah, Boy!
Originally posted March 13, 2012
Rapper and reality-TV star Flavor Flav announces the opening of Flavor Flav’s House of Flavor with his famous shout out of ‘Yeah, Boy.’ A ribbon-cutting ceremony is planned for 6:30 p.m. on March 15 at 3333 South Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, NV. The venture recalls memories of his boyhood, when his father was in the restaurant business; the new eatery features recipes and secret spice rub mixtures developed by Flavor Flav himself over the years and during culinary school.
Flavor Flav’s House of Flavor is a celebrity-centric Las Vegas take out restaurant with a quick-service menu specializing in specialty recipe soul food. The menu includes fried chicken, fried shrimp and Flavor Flav’s signature red velvet waffle, indulgent and delicious. The restaurant is decorated with memorabilia from Flavor Flav’s multi-faceted career as a rapper hype man, reality-TV star and entertainer for audiences around the world. Patrons of the House of Flavor might also expect celebrity sightings.
Flavor Flav is an iconic figure domestically and internationally, having made appearances in over 77 countries to sold-out audiences. Most recently, fans will have spotted him starring with Elton John in the Pepsi Super Bowl commercial premiere; the Super Bowl XLVI broadcast set a record with 111.3 million viewers on February 5, 2012.
According to VH1, 7.5 million viewers tuned in for Flavor Flav’s season finale of “˜Flavor of Love 2′ ““ this goes down in the VH1 history books as the network’s highest rated telecast ever, propelling the episode to the #1 telecast on cable for the night and the #1 non-sports telecast in all of basic cable for the entire year.
The Flavor Flav Comedy Central Roast was the most-watched, #1 highest rated show ever among men ages 18-34. The star recently donated a signature “˜Clock’ which is displayed in the “˜Enduring Traditions’ Exhibit Hall of the Grammy ® Museum. Flavor Flav’s “Clock” is also on display at both the Rock “˜n’ Roll Hall of Fame Museum and the Hard Rock CafÃ©.
The Las Vegas based Flavor Flav House of Flavor Take-out Restaurant is independently owned and operated by FLAVOR FLAV and is not associated with the former Clinton, Iowa licensing deal.
- Former Texas Cop Sentenced to Prison Time For Helping Stepfather Distribute Cocaine
- Joe Budden Discusses The Downside of Artificial Intelligence Constructed Music (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Why Lil Nas X is Upset With BET (VIDEO)
- WATCH MELVONI’S NEW VIDEO FOR “PENNY UP” OUT NOW!
- BOUNCE ANNOUNCES 2020-21 SLATE OF BOLD NEW ORIGINALS
- Sony/ATV’s Jon Platt: The Solo Black CEO of a Global Major Music Company Explains Why A Change Must Come
- Line-Up of The 10 Best Clubhouse Kings and Queens
- Tragedy Strikes Industry Vet Stacy Lacroix
- Who is DJ Quicksilva? A Radio Facts Exclusive Interview (video)
- B2K Singer J Boog Arrested for Domestic Violence