Radio Facts: A coroner has ruled that an accidental overdose of methadone and alcohol killed the husband of singer-songwriter Corinne Bailey Rae, reports say.
Police found the body of Scottish-born Jason Rae, 31, at a flat in the Hyde Park area of Leeds, West Yorkshire, on March 22. Leeds Coroner's Court said the saxophonist had alcohol and methadone, a heroin substitute, in his blood.
He also found traces of cocaine and ecstasy during the post-mortem examination, but said those would not have contributed to Mr. Rae's death. Coroner David Hinchliff gave a verdict of “death by misadventure,” according to Eurweb.com.
Bailey Rae, 29, met her husband at a Leeds jazz club where she was working as a cloakroom attendant. They married in 2001.
In a statement read by the coroner in court, the singer, who was not present, said her husband had struggled with alcohol for “a few years.”
“My husband is my first and only true love,” she said. “He is the most beautiful and complex person I have ever known. He is utterly irreplaceable.”
Rae's band played as a backing band for Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson and Bailey Rae herself, and had recently released a debut album, “Hot Damn!,” at the time of his death.
- Music Industry Tragedy: Daughter of Aswad Ayinde on ID Go Full Episode (link)
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- They Are Killing Music Right Before Us | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- Lil Zay Osama Shares Scorching New Track “Like A Pimp” Featuring Stunna 4 Vegas
- Brian Dalyrimple (Soul for Real) Held Without Bond and…
- The Undeniable BEST Black Female Singers of All Time
- Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Groups of All Time