SABAN FILMS LANDS JONATHAN STOKES’ “WILDCAT” STARRING BAFTA WINNER GEORGINA CAMPBELL
Saban Films announced today that they have acquired North American, UK and Irish rights to Jonathan W. Stokes’ (El Gringo) Wildcat which he wrote and directed. The thriller stars BAFTA Award winner Georgina Campbell (King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, “Black Mirror”), Luke Benward (Dumplin’, Life of the Party), Ibrahim Renno (The Rhythm Section, Sicario: Day of the Soldado), Mido Hamada (American Sniper, “Veronica Mars”) and Ali Olomi (Rogue Warfare: Death of a Nation). The film was produced by Narineh Hacopian and Soapbox Films’ Christopher Alender.
Wildcat follow Kat Young, an ambitious reporter Radio Station ed in the Middle East who is taken captive after her convoy is ambushed. Kat is confronted by the trauma of her past and must find a way to bring down the militants who incarcerated her.
Stokes said, “I’m thrilled that Saban Films will be sharing Wildcat with the world. I couldn’t be more proud of the actors and filmmakers who teamed to make this movie, and we couldn’t be in better hands with Saban Films.”
“We are delighted to be able to bring this tense thriller to our audiences, especially as we continue to expand internationally,” Saban Films’ Bill Bromiley commented. “Jonathan is such a talented writer and Georgina Campbell has a real breakout performance in this film that will have audiences rooting for her.”
Bill Bromiley and Jonathan Saba negotiated the deal for Saban Films with Ryan Kampe on behalf of Visit Films and the UTA Independent Film Group.
Saban Films recently announced that it has entered the UK market via a partnership with Altitude Media Group. The company continues to grow its presence in the industry, remaining active in the acquisition, production and distribution space. Successes have run the gamut from critically acclaimed theatrical films such as The Homesman starring Hilary Swank, to two of the biggest Fathom events with horror icon and heavy metal mastermind Rob Zombie’s 3 From Hell last year and Kevin Smith’s Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, the sequel to the 2001 comedy Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back which the company partnered on after coming onboard at script stage.
Its upcoming slate includes: Dennis Dugan’s Love, Weddings & Other Disasters starring Diane Keaton, Jeremy Irons, Maggie Grace, Jesse McCartney, Chandra West, Diego Boneta, Andrew Bachelor, and Veronica Ferres; Seth Savoy’s directorial debut Echo Boomers starring Patrick Schwarzenegger, Alex Pettyfer, Oliver Cooper, Lesley Ann Warren and Michael Shannon; Jamie Babbit’s The Stand In with Drew Barrymore in a dual lead role alongside Michael Zegen, T.J. Miller, and Holland Taylor; Josh Duhamel’s directorial debut Buddy Games; the Alicia Silverstone wedding comedy Sister of the Groom; Nicol Paone’s Friendsgiving with Malin Akerman, Christine Taylor, Jane Seymour, Kat Dennings and Chelsea Peretti; John Suits’ Breach starring Bruce Willis, Cody Kearsley and Callan Mulvey; and Twist starring Michael Caine, Lena Headey and Rita Ora.
- Police Chief Resigns After Study Finds Half of Town’s Revenue Come from Speed Trap
- 20-Year-Old Woman Will Lose Both Legs After Battling COVID-19
- 1 year old California Baby Dies After Being Diagnosed With COVID: Case Rate In Children Reaches New Records
- Industry Vet Hollywood Hernandez has Died
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Pittsburgh Bridge Collapses Injuring 10 Just Hours Before Biden Is Scheduled To Visit And Discuss Infrastructure
- Rushion McDonald’s Money Making Conversations Guide to Success, Free Guide (link)
- Messaging App Unhinge Plan to Smuggle Cocaine Across Atlantic Ocean in Submarine
- Maryland Mayor Found Dead from Apparent Suicide
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks