Radio Facts: Subscriber Growth over 60% from a Year Ago. Company on Track to Achieve 1 Million Subscriber Objective
SILVER SPRING — RLJ Entertainment, Inc. (“RLJ Entertainment,” “RLJE” or “the Company”) (NASDAQ: RLJE) today announced that combined subscribers to its two proprietary digital channels, Acorn TV and Urban Movie Channel or UMC, have surpassed 600,000, an increase of 50,000 subscribers from the end of last quarter and over 60% total growth from a year ago.
“RLJE is building momentum in second half 2017 as our robust line-ups of original and exclusive content draw viewers and our increased investments in our digital distribution footprint, customer service, and customer awareness pay off,” stated Miguel Penella, Chief Executive Officer of RLJ Entertainment. “Our growth across digital platforms remains strong and we are focused on all elements of our strategic execution to more firmly establish Acorn TV and UMC as compelling, must-have brands in the burgeoning OTT market. We remain highly confident in achieving our objective of one million Acorn TV and UMC combined subscribers within the next 18 months.”
At Acorn TV, Acorn Originals and Exclusive Premieres are driving new audience growth and tremendous customer engagement, including: Witness for the Prosecution (Acorn TV Original), Striking Out (Acorn TV Original), Loch Ness (Acorn TV Original), The Heart Guy (Exclusive Premiere), Vera: Set 7 (Exclusive Premiere), The Good Karma Hospital (Exclusive Premiere), and Delicious (Exclusive Premiere). At UMC, of the return of Fall Out Fridays weekly original comedy programming drew strong viewership, including: The Rich and the Ruthless, Hard Medicine, Lawd Have Mercy, and The Comedy Underground Series.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Urban AC, 102.9 KBLX, SAN FRANCISCO presents, “The Women of KBLX Virtual Empowerment Forum
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Sen. Hillman T. Frazier to keynote 143rd Founders’ Day at JSU