We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Throughout 2013, Media Matters has analyzed guest appearances on ABC’s This Week with George Stephanopoulos, CBS’ Face the Nation with Bob Schieffer, Fox Broadcasting Co.’s Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, NBC’s Meet the Press with David Gregory, CNN’s State of the Union with Candy Crowley, and MSNBC’s Up with Steve Kornacki and Melissa Harris-Perry, political talk shows that often set the media and political agenda. Media Matters has previously released analyses of the first, second, and third quarters of the year. This item will be updated as Media Matters releases additional analysis of the 2013 gender, ethnicity, and ideological demographics of the guests.
- White Men Represented The Largest Proportion Of Guests On Every Show
- White Men Represented The Largest Proportion Of Solo Interviews
- White Men Were Overrepresented On Broadcast And CNN
- More Than 70 Percent Of Broadcast And CNN Guests Were Men
- White People Were An Overwhelming Majority Of Broadcast And CNN Guests
- Top Ten Solo Interview Guests Are All Men, Only One Person Of Color
- White, Conservative Men Were the Largest Demographic Group On The Broadcast Sunday Morning Shows
- On Broadcast Shows, Republicans And Conservatives Hosted More Often Than Democrats And Progressives Overall