REACH MEDIA’S NATIONALLY SYNDICATED SHOW, THE MORNING HUSTLE, AND 300 ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCH “THE SONG” CONTEST, A NEW COMPETITION IN SEARCH OF AN ANTHEM THAT ADDRESSES THE CURRENT CLIMATE AND GIVES VOICE TO INDEPENDENT ARTISTS
“The Song” Contest Encourages Independent Artists to Use Their Art to Promote Change
Radio One Vice President of Programming, Colby Tyner, today announced the launch of “The Song” Contest a music competition, presented by REACH Media’s nationally syndicated show, The Morning Hustle and 300 Entertainment. “The Song” Contest, sponsored by McDonald’s Black and Positively Golden, offers up-and-coming, independent artists an opportunity to create an anthem that addresses the current climate in the country. It seeks to create the soundtrack for right now through music, which is at the heart and soul of the black community.
Listeners may submit tracks to win a $5,000 cash prize and a distribution deal for the song on all streaming platforms, including Apple Music, Google Play and Spotify. The deadline for submissions is September 7, 2020. “We are excited to hear from the great talent that exists across the country as we seek to find ‘The Song,’” said Colby Tyner. “This is the perfect moment for a new anthem. Our community needs to hear a voice of acknowledgment and encouragement, and Radio One can be a vehicle for that expression.”
“Hip Hop has always been a platform that gave a voice to the voiceless, and we felt it was time for voices to be given a chance to be heard,” added Headkrack, On-Air Personality, The Morning Hustle, Reach Media. Contest participants must be unsigned artists who produce original music that addresses the current ills in the country, including the COVID-19 pandemic, police brutality, the economy, and racial injustice and unrest.
They will document their creative process and submit the finished music for consideration. A panel of judges, which includes CEO of 300 Entertainment, Kevin Liles, will select the winner based on the song’s message, originality, quality, and composition. The winner will be announced on September 25, 2020 and will be featured in an unplugged performance on YouTube provided by 300 Entertainment. “We are looking for that special song that makes you feel a certain way and makes us proud,” said Kevin Liles, CEO, 300 Entertainment. To learn more about “The Song” Contest visit https://themorninghustle.com/141567/thesong.
- Michael B. Jordan Partners with LyftUp to Provide Free Ride to Underserved Communities
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Award Winning Documentary “Push” Directed by Fredrik Gertten Opens in The Us This Friday – On Sept 25 Across The Nation in Virtual Cinema
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief's Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- UNOTHEACTIVIST DROPS MUSIC VIDEO FOR “AYE YAI YAI”
- OnNow.tv Partners with Ticketing and Event Platform Tixr
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Terry Curtin Joins Solstice as EVP Communications
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Pandora Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month with Launch of “Soy Latino,” a New Station with Four Hand-Curated Modes