Young Thug has been charged with additional offenses that are related to rugs and weapons following his indictment and arrest at his Buckhead home on gang-related and racketeering charges.
The rapper, whose birth name is Jeffrey Lamar Williams, is not charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of a schedule III, IV, or V controlled substance with intent to distribute, possession of a sawed-off shotgun, sawed-off rifle, machine gun, dangerous weapon, or silencer, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, and three counts of participating in criminal gang activity through the commission of a crime, according to Fulton County jail records.
On Monday, Williams was arrested during a raid on a Buckhead mansion following his indictment Tuesday.
Williams had previously been charged with participation in the criminal street activity and conspiracy to violate the Racketeer influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, according to the indictment. The indictment outlined specific charges against Williams and his 27 associates. The group was referred to “Young Slime Life” (YSL) enterprise according to court documents, and states that members “conspired to associate and with others for the common purposes of illegally obtaining money and property through a pattern of racketeering activity and conducting and participating in the enterprise through a pattern of racketeering activity.”
More than 180 acts are listed on the indictment that supports just the first of the 56 separate charges handed down to the various member of the YSL. In addition, the other charges are murder, aggravated assault, firearms violations, theft, drug possession, participating in street gang activity, armed robbery, and carjacking between 2012 and 2020.
“It does not matter what your notoriety is, what your fame is, if you come to Fulton County, Georgia, and you commit crimes, … you are going to become a target and a focus of this district attorney’s office, and we are going to prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law,” Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis said Tuesday at a news conference announcing the charges.
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses the Disrespectful Way Khloe Kardashian Found Out Tristan Thompson Cheated (Video)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Questions if Corey Gamble is With Kris Jenner for Her Money (Video)
- Man Jumps to Death From 32nd-Floor Balcony During Apartment Showing
- The 10 Greatest Jazz Artists of All Time
- “Dakota & Andy” Morning Show to Debut on K-Hit 107.5/KHYT-FM
- Saints & Sinners Delivers Great Finale
- Bloomberg Media and iHeartMedia Announce Lineup of New Original Podcasts
- Man Confronted For Wreckless Driving Opens Fire On Party, Partygoer Shoots Him Dead
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up