The Radio Mercury Awards is proud to announce Alejandro Ortiz, executive creative director, Campbell Ewald, as the 2022 chief judge for the 31st annual Radio Mercury Awards.
Before his time at Campbell Ewald, Ortiz spent 14 years in New York working at Casanova//McCann for clients such as UNICEF, Coca-Cola, Denny’s, U.S. Army, Microsoft and U.S. Postal Service, among others. His work has won over 140 creative awards, including three Radio Mercury Awards, Cannes, Clio, The One Show, LIA, Art Directors Club and New York Festivals, etc. He has also participated on juries for the Radio Mercury Awards, Addy’s, Ad Stars Festival, New York Festivals, Ojo de Iberoamérica and more.
“I lost my first job in advertising because of the Radio Mercury Awards. I started as an art director, but my stubborn creative directors demanded I write some radio. So I did. And my first radio campaign ever, which was Heineken, won a Radio Mercury Award. I was hooked, and I switched from art director to copywriter, and I haven’t looked back. Today, I ask all my art directors to work on radio as well,” said Ortiz.
“Looking forward, it’s clear the pandemic has led to new constraints in the ideas we come up with and how we produce them. This is actually making creatives, sound engineers, radio stations and producers flex their creative muscles even more than before. I can’t wait to hear the work that will be submitted this year.”
“Ale is a multi-faceted creative leader who we have known for many years as he was building his creative reputation,” said Erica Farber, president and chief executive officer, Radio Advertising Bureau and chair of the Radio Creative Fund. “We have truly benefitted from his support of the Radio Mercury Awards, not only as a winner, but as a passionate judge.”
Call for Entry for the 2022 Radio Mercury Awards will open in a few weeks. To learn more information on this year’s Call for Entry guidelines and deadlines, go to https://www.radiomercuryawards.com/.
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses the Disrespectful Way Khloe Kardashian Found Out Tristan Thompson Cheated (Video)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Questions if Corey Gamble is With Kris Jenner for Her Money (Video)
- Man Jumps to Death From 32nd-Floor Balcony During Apartment Showing
- The 10 Greatest Jazz Artists of All Time
- “Dakota & Andy” Morning Show to Debut on K-Hit 107.5/KHYT-FM
- Saints & Sinners Delivers Great Finale
- Bloomberg Media and iHeartMedia Announce Lineup of New Original Podcasts
- Man Confronted For Wreckless Driving Opens Fire On Party, Partygoer Shoots Him Dead
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up