FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Hassahn Liggins
Radio Facts Editor
New York, NY – (Dec. 10, 2018) Radio Facts (radiofacts.com) announced today that industry veteran Doc Wynter, iHeartMedia's EVP – Urban/Hip-Hop Programming Strategy/Program Director Real 92.3 Los Angeles, has been chosen as the Broadcast Executive of the Year in the 2nd Annual Radio Facts “Power Play List” magazine.
The annual magazine and honor recognize those who use their platform as a commitment to advancing, educating and advocating for industry diversity.
“Doc is the quintessential industry leader who has not only witnessed but thrived amidst several shifts within the music and broadcast industry over the years. In addition, he provides opportunities for up and coming talent and he keeps an open mind, positive attitude and a willingness to share his expertise,” stated Kevin Ross/CEO of Radio Facts.
Doc talks about everything from podcasting to finding talent in today's challenging multifaceted broadcast industry to strategies to keep programmers educated and ahead of the curve in today's fast-paced industry.
Since 2017, Power Play List Magazine has honored those who show a commitment to diversity in the expanding broadcast industry. The magazine also honors the Syndicated Show of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Broadcast Executive of the Year, Radio Host of the Year, Record Executive of the Year and many more. The new magazine will hit the industry in mid-December.
ABOUT DOC WYNTER
Doc Wynter started his career working as a computer programmer who was a huge fan of radio while growing up in New York. He grew up listening to industry icons like the late Frankie Crocker on WBLS. Wynters was a Quiet Storm Radio DJ during his early years in radio working at stations like KMJM in St. Louis. Today, Wynter oversees many of the country's leading stations and works closely with several of iHeartMedia's biggest syndicated shows including, Big Boy, The Breakfast Club and more.
ABOUT RADIO FACTS
Radio Facts is a Broadcast, Music and Marketing company. The website (radiofacts.com) is a platform for the daily industry blog with news and information emailed to the industry as well as an archive site for the history of Black music and broadcasting. Radio Facts is also a magazine with three annual issues: Women of Color in Media (August), Power Play List (December) and our latest edition All Things Music (March). Radio Facts targets, musicians, producers, radio programmers, radio broadcasters, music consumers and more. Radio Facts CEO Kevin Ross is a broadcast industry vet, journalist, and industry entrepreneur with more than 30 years in radio, records and magazine publishing.
Follow Radio Facts on Twitter @radiofactsblog
- Atlanta’s Black Radio Stations Come Together for Black Radio United For The Vote
- Radio Legend Hospitalized with COVID
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Kanye West Requests Charlamagne Tha God To Be Secretary Of State
- Racist Radio ‘Karen’ Loses Gig After Rant on Latinos at Construction Site
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Zindzi Mandela, Daughter of Nelson and Winnie Mandela, Dies at Age 59