All-Star Cast Also Includes Bella Thorne, Dulcé Sloan, Dominique Jackson and Fortune Feimster
Quiver Distribution and Redbox Entertainment have teamed up to acquire the North American rights to the upcoming action-comedy, CHICK FIGHT. The film’s all-star cast includes Malin Akerman (Rampage, “Billions”), Emmy® Award winner and Academy Award® nominee Alec Baldwin (Mission: Impossible franchise, It’s Complicated), Bella Thorne (Assassination Nation, “Famous in Love”), Golden Globe® nominee Kevin Connolly (Entourage, He’s Just Not That Into You), Dulcé Sloan (“The Daily Show”), Dominique Jackson (“Pose”), former pro-wrestler Kevin Nash (Magic Mike, John Wick), Fortune Feimster (The Happytime Murders, Office Christmas Party) and Alec Mapa (Marley & Me, You Don’t Mess with the Zohan). CHICK FIGHT will be released in Theatres, On Digital and On Demand on November 13.
Paul Leyden (Come Back to Me) directed as his sophomore debut from a script by first time feature film writer Joseph Downey. The comedy is produced by Malin Akerman; Yale Productions’ Jordan Yale Levine, Jordan Beckerman and Michael J. Rothstein; Idiot Savant Pictures’ Anne Clements; Ash Christian; and Frances Lausell.
“This star-studded cast of comedians have crafted an inspiring and hilarious tale that will resonate with our audiences,” said Quiver Co-Presidents Berry Meyerowitz and Jeff Sackman. “This film is a great mix of intense and dynamic fighting alongside a perfect dose of comedy.”
Malin Akerman commented, “When I read this laugh-out-loud script, I knew this was a rare opportunity for me to help bring the female voice to the genres of fight films and buddy comedies. The entire cast shines in this heartfelt and hilarious tale full of heart, friendship and plenty of butt kicking!”
In CHICK FIGHT, Anna Wyncomb (Akerman) is introduced to an underground, all-female fight club in order to turn her life around, when she discovers she is much more personally connected to the history of the club than she could ever imagine.
The deal was negotiated by Quiver Distribution’s Larry Greenberg with Elsa Ramo on behalf of Yale Productions.
The film’s development was spearheaded by Ash Christian, the beloved Emmy-winning independent producer who tragically passed away last month at age 35.
This marks the second collaboration between Yale Productions and Quiver Distribution who previously teamed up on the Summer box office hit BECKY starring Lulu Wilson, Kevin James and Joel McHale.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- Anthony Brown of Anthony Brown and Group Therapy Joins New 96.3 WHUR Sunday Line-Up as Radio Host
- Dave Chappelle Tells Critics to STFU During Epic Emmy Speech
- ABC Audio’s Power Portal Offers 34 Original Videos to Affiliates During Virtual Emmy Awards and The Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards
- 24KGOLDN CONQUERS THE #1 SPOT ON SPOTIFY’S GLOBAL TOP 50 CHART
- Statement from Michael Huppe, President and CEO of SoundExchange on the appointment of Shira Perlmutter to Register of Copyrights
- Money with Friends’ Fall 2020 Guest Line-Up Boasts Top Thought Leaders in Business and Personal Finance
- Amanda Seales: Whiteness is Nothing to be Proud Of
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry