Part of a woman’s head was torn off in a tragic accident while at a job interview at a factory in Belarus. According to a report, part of Umida Nazarova’s scalp was ripped off after becoming entangled in a machine. She was seven weeks pregnant.
When the accident occurred, Nazarova was applying for a job at the Svarmet factory in Borisov, Belarus. The factory produces welding wire, and electrodes reported East2West News per New York Post.
Her hair became stuck in one of the industrial machines while touring the factory.
“Her hair got wrapped around her neck, and she was pulled into the mechanism,” Olga, her mother, said. “If her scalp had not been torn off, she would have been strangled there and then by her own hair.”
Nazarova reportedly never regained consciousness and later died, despite being released from the machine.
“They took two lives; she was seven weeks pregnant. They saw she had long hair, so why didn’t they give her something to cover it?” Dmitry, her father, said.
A factory worker was showing Nazarova how to operate the machine. She paused to make a record in a register, said the Belarus Investigative Committee.
“When she turned her head, she saw the woman already lying on the floor unconscious. Her hair was tangled in the machine,” said the committee.
According to reports, a factory official has been sentenced for “failure to fulfil her official duties due to dishonest and negligent attitude … causing the death of a person.”
East2West reported that the factory paid for Nazarova’s funeral expenses.
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,