Radio Facts: The station is asking listeners to assist in picking the next Morning Show Host with a contest called Making the Morning Show which starts August 3rd. The will be auditioning current station talent and other talent nationwide. Perhaps Power has a plan that I don't know about but while the pickins are certainly slim for a young, innovative, black host (there have literally been VERY FEW new hosts in the last decade for mornings on urban radio) there are some very interesting prospects in the game, nevertheless already. I would take into account Charlamagne's strong presence and if not match it, at least contradict it to compliment my station more.
My suggestion? Headcrack immediately comes to mind as a great new morning talent, from the Rickey Smiley morning show. He's funny, he has a great presence and he can indeed host his own show, at any rate, I can also understand the need to create the promotion to draw attention to the staion below is the press release…
Power 99 FM will look for its next great Morning Show with the help of its listeners. “Making the Morning Show” starts August 3, 2009 when Power 99 FM will hold auditions and listeners will have the chance to vote for their favorite Power 99 fm Morning Show wannabes. Morning Show Potentials include Power 99 FM's Shamara, Golden Girl, the Hot Boyz along with radio personalities from other markets who'll each have a chance to take over the airwaves in a live on air audition one day each – the Week of August 3, 2009. Listeners will then go to www.power99fm.com to cast their vote.
Power 99 fm is recognized nationally for its commitment to community service. Power 99 fm was the first station in the nation to receive the National Association of Broadcasters Crystal Heritage Award – the NAB's highest honor for service to the community.
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- They Are Killing Music Right Before Us | The Joe Budden Podcast
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Migos Rapper Offset In Jail Facing Multiple Charges
- Brian Dalyrimple (Soul for Real) Held Without Bond and…
- YSN FLOW Releases New Track And Video “WANT BEEF? 3.0”
- Lil Zay Osama Shares Scorching New Track “Like A Pimp” Featuring Stunna 4 Vegas
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Bart Scott is NOT buying the idea that the Seahawks want to help Antonio Brown as a person | Get Up