New York’s Power 105.1 has a rare opening for an Assistant PD/MD. This is a great opportunity for current PD’s, APD’s and Music Directors looking to move to #1 market. We are looking for someone with natural leadership ability who is a student of hip hop music and urban culture. The ideal candidate would have extensive programming, on air, digital/social, production and producing experience. The person must be equally knowledgeable of the science behind programming as they are with the art of programming.
This person shadows and supports Program Director in all aspects of radio station’s on air experience including: talent, content, programming, production, sound & theme, and online and social presence.
• Assists the Director by coordinating with Programming and Sales to plan and execute marketing, promotions, events, and image campaigns.
• Monitors programming activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, iHeartMedia policy and applicable federal, state and local laws.
• Informs Program Director of any anomalies or deficiencies that may warrant correction or resolution.
• Coordinates reviews and approvals for commercial and paid programming content.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with producers, artists’ managers, composers and other industry contacts.
• Assists in preparation and management of department’s budget by overseeing expenditures and maintaining invoice records and related documentation.
• Adequately prepares for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
• Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Works an approved and previously agreed upon air shift.
• Keeps up-to-date with relevant material appropriate for the station.
• Searches out and shares all possible web content with Program Director and Online Content Director of the given station.
• Participates in regular listening/air check sessions for critique with the Program Director.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at paid, and non-paid, station events.
• Is an ambassador for radio station when out in public; maintains a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
• May work flexible hours and weekends and be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
• May monitor record label calls, schedule music, and check social media to ensure music remains consistent with station’s brand, and may collaborate with production to provide musical direction and options that meet editorial scope.
* May be required to manage a team
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms
• Knowledge of PPM data analysis, RCS products including GSelector and NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
• Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations; knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations
• Knowledge and appreciation of diverse Hip Hop and R&B
• Demonstrated ability to be engaging on the air and to work across various formats; is upbeat, informative and entertaining, and can relate to station’s audience
• High degree of planning and organizing skills; can multi task and meet specific deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
• Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar; can adjust communications style based on audience needs
* Ability to manage a team
• Minimum 3 years’ on-air radio experience, programming, production, promotions and/or marketing
• Air demo required
• Imaging production experience a plus; samples required
• 4-year college degree in Telecommunications, Marketing or a related field preferred
• Valid driver’s license
Location: New York, NY: 32 Avenue of the Americas, 10013
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers. Apply Here