PHILMON LEE RELEASES DEBUT SINGLES “MEMORIES” & “SUNFLOWER (I REFUSE TO DIE)”
Today, Philmon Lee introduces himself with a pair of singles entitled “Memories” and “Sunflower (I Refuse To Die).”
The LaGrange, GA singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist turns the first page on his unprecedented story with these songs. Plucked out of obscurity after quietly developing his voice since childhood, he caught the attention of Against Da Grain Entertainment in the most classic way possible. It wasn’t about numbers and it wasn’t aboutstats, but it was about his once-in-a-lifetime voice—and nothing more. Aligning with Epic Records, he makes his official debut now.
The emotionally charged “Memories,” which debuted with a slot on Spotify’s coveted New Music Friday playlist, highlights his gruff and gritty delivery and bluesy timbre. As acoustic guitar gives way to robust distortion, he croons, “My story became history. I don’t wonder if this is meant to be…I’m reminded by all of these memories.” Meanwhile, candid confessions such as “The good, the bad, and the ugly made me into the man that I am” hit hard.
On the other end of the spectrum, “Sunflower (I Refuse To Die)” hinges on an electronic beat before a funky strut. He paints a powerful picture on the hook, “I feel like a sunflower trying not to get choked by the weeds, but I refuse to die. Like the sun, I’m going to shine.”
He most definitely will shine in 2020.
Hailing from the tiny blue-collar town of LaGrange, GA, Philmon Lee emanates raw soul without a filter and a whole lot of fire. As a kid, he learned piano, guitar, and drums and even toured with pops. Putting his head down and adopting the blue collar work ethic of his hometown, he devoted years to tirelessly honing his voice and drew inspiration from Elvis Presley, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Post Malone, Lewis Capaldi, Sam Smith, Elton John, and Steven Tyler, to name a few. Eventually, he captivated both Against Da Grain Entertainment and Epic Records, landing him a record deal. His voice will resound throughout 2020 and beyond.
- The Black Effect Podcast Network Names Dollie S. Bishop President of Production and Creative Development
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- The 2020 iHeartRadio Music Festival Celebrated Its 10th Anniversary with Iconic Performances and Surprise Collaborations
- Musician Kashif Found Dead
- Apple Music’s Rap Life Presents Exclusive Event Filmed at Howard University in Washington, DC
- Today, I Walked into the First Amazon Fresh Store in the U.S., THIS is what I Saw
- ppcocaine RELEASES OFFICIAL VIDEO FOR “THREE MUSKETEERS” FEATURING NEXTYOUNGIN
- BURNA BOY OFFICIALLY RELEASES FIFTH STUDIO ALBUM, TWICE AS TALL
- NAÏKA UNVEILS “HEAD IN THE CLOUDS FT. TEAMARRR (REMIX)”
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)