Pandora, the leading internet radio service, today announced the addition of several executives to the advertising team. In each of their respective roles, Heidi Browning, Dan Weiner, Rhonda Bitterman, Alan Simkowski and Glenn Chin will provide Pandora with vital experience and support for Pandora’s multi-platform advertising solutions in regional and national markets.
* Heidi Browning joins Pandora as Senior Vice President of Sales and Planning. At Pandora, Heidi leads the team that supports the sales organization and is responsible for ad products, research, event marketing, marketing communications and artist relations. Most recently, Heidi served as EVP, Global Digital Officer at Universal McCann. At Universal McCann, Heidi launched and served as President of [email protected], the agency’s dedicated social media unit. During her tenure, she focused on global clients and the evolution of the agency’s media practice. She will be based at Pandora’s Oakland, California headquarters.
* Dan Weiner joins Pandora as Vice President of Sales, based in Los Angeles. Dan, responsible for the Western region, is focused on providing clients with audio advertising campaigns on mobile and web. Dan comes to Pandora from Fox Audience Network, where he was a regional vice president.
* Rhonda Bitterman joins Pandora in a newly created role, Director of Southeast Advertising Sales. She joins the Pandora New York advertising team, and brings a brings a wealth of media and advertising sales experience from previous roles at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Weather Channel and The New York Times.
* Alan Simkowski has been named Director of Sales and will be based in Pandora’s Chicago office. Alan brings a comprehensive background of sales experience that includes radio, entertainment, digital and mobile via his tenure at House of Blues Entertainment, Vibes Media and Madison Square Garden Entertainment.
* Based in Portland, Pandora welcomes Glenn Chin as National Director, Strategic Partnerships. At Pandora, Chin will work to expand partnerships and develop enduring communications strategies for brands. Glenn has more than 18 years experience managing communication strategies for brands, including Electronic Arts and Nike.
Said John Trimble, Chief Revenue Officer of Pandora, “We are scaling our ad solutions and sales team to meet with demand, and we welcome the experience and talent that each of these new executives will bring to their respective roles. They will further our mission to connect brands of all sizes with consumers, by leveraging the visual and audio advertising capabilities Pandora offers on web, mobile, connected consumer electronics and in automobiles via smartphones.”
Pandora is the leader in the internet radio space, with 80 million registered users who listen to the free, personalized radio service virtually everywhere they are via their smart phones, computers, iPads, Blu-ray players, and TVs.