Radio Facts: Tupac's Estate Seeks Millions in Damages for Interference with Economic Benefit and Deceit
Amaru logo LOS ANGELES, CA – Lawyers for Amaru Entertainment filed a cross-complaint against Morgan Creek Productions and James Robinson, Don Hardison and LT Hutton, individuals involved in Morgan Creek's executive affairs. The cross-complaint was filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court on Monday, March 16, 2009. .
Morgan Creek filed suit against Amaru Entertainment last month, alleging that the company had “backed out of negotiations” and was currently “refusing to honor and perform a contract of a production of the film based on the life of Tupac Shakur.” In actuality, there was never a legally binding document; nothing was ever signed and key deal terms were never agreed upon. Morgan Creek threatened other production companies and movie studios, alleging that it “owned” the rights to the Tupac picture when it didn't, effectively killing any other deal Amaru could have made for the picture. Amaru Entertainment now seeks damages for Morgan Creek's lawsuit and their interference in the company's business.
Skip Miller of Miller Barondess, LLP in Los Angeles, attorney for Amaru Entertainment, says: “The Morgan Creek lawsuit is heavy-hand ed interference with the Tupac movie. It has no merit whatsoever. Our cross-complaint is going to result in Morgan Creek having to pay millions in compensatory and punitive damages for harming our business.”
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- They Are Killing Music Right Before Us | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Migos Rapper Offset In Jail Facing Multiple Charges
- Lil Zay Osama Shares Scorching New Track “Like A Pimp” Featuring Stunna 4 Vegas
- Brian Dalyrimple (Soul for Real) Held Without Bond and…
- YSN FLOW Releases New Track And Video “WANT BEEF? 3.0”
- Reacting to Ryan Fitzpatrick’s emotional response to being replaced by Tua Tagovailoa | Get Up
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs