Radio Facts: As Kelly's “Ladies Make Some Noise” Tour Re-Ignites Fanbase And Earns Critical Acclaim
Sets New Record As Current Single “Number One” Becomes His 35th Top10 R&B Song New Single “Religious” Hits Air Waves
New York, NY ““ Three-time Grammy winner R. Kelly is on the cusp of releasing his tenth studio album Untitled due in stores Dec. 1, with his latest single “Religious” hitting airwaves on the heels of his critically acclaimed U.S. tour.
Building the anticipation for the album are two back-to-back powerful singles. R. Kelly recently made music history with his current single “Number One” featuring Keri Hilson”(click on link to stream) when the song became his 35th Top 10 single on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip Hop Songs chart. He has now surpassed Nat “King” Cole's record of having the most Top 10 hits on that chart, and Billboard further notes that “Kelly's climb places him sixth among male artists and ties him with Dinah Washington for eighth overall since the R&B chart was established in 1942.”
“Number One” was the #1 most added record at Black radio upon its debut and reached #1 at VH1 Soul as the most played video on the network for two consecutive weeks, where it's still in high demand . The video is in heavy rotation on MTV Jams and FUSE's “#1 Countdown Hip Hop.” “Number One” has already sold 215,000 copies, and is at #7 on the Billboard Urban Mainstream charts, attesting to the enduring popularity of the singer/songwriter/producer/musician. The second single, the stirring “Religious,” will impact adult Urban AC radio on Oct. 20.
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time