OK, I believe in a higher power but I do not believe in organized religion, so if you do, don’t read any further cause I’m going to have fun with this….
Looks like The Vatican has put together a list of seven “social” sins that includes drug abuse, littering, genetic tampering and creating poverty.
“You offend God not only by stealing, taking the Lord’s name in vain or coveting your neighbor’s wife, but also by wrecking the environment, carrying out morally debatable experiments that manipulate DNA or harm embryos,”
Loosely, the seven social sins are:
1. Biothetic violations such as birth control: (no comment on this)
2. “Morally dubious” experiments such as stem cell research (if it cures disease, why not?)
3. Drug abuse (Will using once or twice count as “abuse”?)
4. Polluting the environment (I agree on this one)
5. Contributing to widening divide between rich and poor (This is directed to the Republicans)
6. Excessive wealth (Whew, I haven’t committed that sin yet but haven’t many… CHURCHES?)
7. Creating poverty (He has to be addressing the political structure on this one. I don’t know many average Joes that WANT to be poor)…
Now, here are the Radio Facts 7 new Sins…
1. People who let their dogs run free without a leash
3. The entire Customer Service structure for utilities
4. Smoking in bars (in ALL States)
5. Aretha Franklin’s wardrobe
6. Your Mama Don’t Dance (TV Show)
7. Being afraid to live your life to the fullest.