The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Leadership Foundation is accepting applications for the First Time Managers Fellowship, a newly created scholarship for women, people of color and individuals representing small market stations entering their first managerial roles. The fellowship will fund enrollment for 10 fellows in the First Time Manager Series. The deadline to apply for the fellowship is December 18, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Fellows will be selected through a competitive application process. Details and eligibility requirements can be found at NABFoundation.org.
The First Time Manager Series is an online course comprising interactive sessions and resources to help bridge the gaps in management training that can hinder professionals recently promoted to their first supervisory role.
Fellowships are awarded by the Leadership Foundation and funded through a grant received from the Nielsen Foundation.
“We look forward to providing professional development opportunities and engaging the next generation of industry leaders,” said Michelle Duke, NAB Leadership Foundation president. “Thank you to the Nielsen Foundation for its support of this program, which will assist fellows in their first managerial roles and throughout their careers.”
Divided into five parts, the innovative online education series educates and empowers first-time radio and television station managers as they effectively transition from individual contributor to a team lead. The program curriculum covers managerial responsibility, including productive transition habits, continued professional development, and progressive leadership skills.
For application questions, please contact Jessica Stevens at [email protected]
- Black Man Shoots Burglar to Protect His Family (VIDEO)
- Walgreens Security Calls Police Because Black Man Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Groups of All Time
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- The Indisputable Top 10 Love Songs by Black Male Singers
- Peter Rosenberg Kicks the Realness about His Wife “Sleeping w/ Black Guys”
- The Undeniable BEST Black Female Singers of All Time
- Racist Neighbor Fires Shotgun into Roof of Black Man’s Apartment and LAPD Does Nothing (VIDEO)