Motown Gospel has announced that the legendary choirmaster Ricky Dillard reached number one on both the BDS Gospel Airplay Chart
s and the Mediabase Published Gospel chart with anthem of the year “Release” featuring Tiff Joy. “Release,” which is the first single from the top-selling Choirmaster album is Dillard’s second-best performing song of his career since his single “Amazing” spent a record-setting 30 weeks at number one on the BDS Gospel Airplay chart in 2014.
“I am thrilled that gospel radio has honored Ricky Dillard by making ‘Release’ the most played gospel song in the nation,” says Monica Coates, Co-Executive Director of Motown Gospel. “Ricky is one of the founders of the modern gospel choir and has never stopped championing the role of the choir in our genre. His energy and style are cornerstones of our marketplace.”
From his critically acclaimed album Choirmaster, Ricky Dillard released remixes of songs to celebrate the rich history of Chicago house music and his own musical influences. Produced by 3-time GRAMMY®-winning producer Max Stark, Choirmaster: The Chicago House Remixes, five-track EP features dance-friendly remixes of” More Abundantly Medley” (Wentworth Ave & Chicago Heights Mix), “Release” (South Shore Drive Mix), “I Won’t Go Back” (Mason Court Mix), and “Glad To Be In The Service” (Mason Court Mix). Choirmaster: The Chicago House Remixes is available now.
Ricky Dillard performed on the August 9th episode of BET’s Sunday Best. Through a virtual screen, he directed New G, delivering a rousing stay-at-home performance of “More Abundantly Medley” and proving the group worthy of the title ‘choir of the year’.
- Black Mother Stands Up to Cop and Refuses to Let Her Son Become a Hashtag (VIDEO)
- It Has Come to this: Bulletproof Backpacks to Protect Children in Chicago Have Arrived
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- ENTERCOM RELAUNCHES THE NEW STAR 94 IN ATLANTA
- Lyft Denies Incident in Atlanta involved their Vehicle or Driver? (video)
- Townsquare Builds On Its “Local First” Strategy with Addition of Top Management
- Most Know About Black Wall Street but Did You Know about Wilmington, NC?
- Facebook Bans Snoop Dogg’s Livestream DJ Set To Support COVID for Drug Use, Gives Ticket Holders Refunds
- Kanye West Urinates on His Own Grammy to Prove Point about Black Ownership (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs