Oprah Winfrey's people reportedly shut down negotiations to air exclusive video and pictures of the “Octomom” giving birth to her eight babies when reps for the mother of 14 started soliciting money. NBC eventually ended up with the exclusive footage of Nadya Suleman, the much-maligned mother who gave birth to a total of 14 children (sextuplets and octuplets) through fertility treatments. The network has already run Ann Curry's interview with Suleman across its various news outlets. But, it's unclear if the network paid for the opportunity, as reported by Eurweb.com. The Peacock is denying a New York Post source who claims it paid close to $1 million for footage and photos of the eight babies being born. But an insider told the paper, “Everything was filmed. The birth, everything. Then [Suleman's people] said negotiations would start at $1.2 million for the video and pictures, which is when producers from Oprah Winfrey, ABC and CBS left the room. NBC stayed.” Page Six's source suspects that NBC made a “donation” through an intermediary. But an NBC rep said, “NBC News does not pay for interviews. We did not pay Nadya Suleman, or anyone who represents her, for our interview. We didn't license a single photo or video from her or anyone who represents her. Not a dime. There is no deal with anyone at NBC Universal or NBC News.” Meanwhile, octuplet mom Nadya Suleman has launched a website asking for donations for her family of 14 children. The site features pictures of the eight newborns, with their names and birth weights, drawings of a rainbow, bottle and pacifier, and has two options to donate. She is accepting monetary donations payable by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, AmEx and Discover taken) and she also given an address to which one can send goods.
LIVESTEEZ – Oprah Walks Away From $1.2 Million Exclusive ‘Octomom' Footage.
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- Cumulus Media Welcomes Popular Morning Personality Jubal Back to Colorado Springs
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- When D.L. Hughley Made Trending Video about Steve Harvey’s Trump Visit
- L.A. Reid Sells 100% of His Writing and Publishing Catalogue
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About Unemployment Scam
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Hitmaking Duo Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis Sign First-Ever Artist Recording Deal
- Need a Laugh? See What Happens When He Tells His Mom He is in Jail
- UNSUNG REVIEW Entire Episode: The Sylvers (video)