British supermodel Kate Moss will be called to testify this week as the Johnny Depp and Amber Heard defamation trial enters its final weeks. Moss will be testifying as a rebuttal witness by Depp’s legal team. Moss will appear via video on Wednesday.
Earlier this month, Depp’s lawyer was seen fist=pumping when Heard mentioned Moss on the stand. Heard was testifying about a violent incident with Depp, admitting she punched him in the face in a March 2015 fight was she feared he was going to throw her sister Whitney down the stairs.
“I see my little sister with her back to the staircase ….. I don’t hesitate, I don't wait, I just instantly think of Kate Moss and stairs and I swung at him,” Heard said, referring to a rumor that Depp pushed Kate Moss down a flight of stairs.
Moss and Depp are said to currently be on good terms. Moss, who is 48, dated Depp, 58, for several years in the mid-'90s.
“Amber mentioned an ex of Johnny’s that clearly she felt was not supportive of him, which couldn’t be more further from the truth,” a source close to Depp told Page Six.
Moss will most likely be asked about the infamous 1994 hotel incident involving Depp. Police were called to The Mark Hotel in New York and the actor was arrested on charges of criminal mischief.
“We opened the door and there was Depp sitting there, smoking a cigarette, cool and calm,” Officer Eileen Perez said decades ago, confirming Moss was with him. “There was glass all over the place and furniture upside down and broken table legs.”
Per the New York Times, charges were dropped and Depp had to pay $10,000 in damages. Neither Depp nor Moss has spoken publicly about the incident that evening. The couple split in 1997 after three years together, but briefly reconciled in 1998.
10 years ago, Moss recalled to Vanity Fair how she cried for “years” after their intense relationship ended.
“There’s nobody that’s ever really been able to take care of me. Johnny did for a bit. I believed what he said,” Moss said. “Like if I said, ‘What do I do?’ he’d tell me. And that’s what I missed when I left. I really lost that gauge of somebody I could trust. Nightmare. Years and years of crying. Oh, the tears!”
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Mo’Nique’s Apology to DL Hughley (VIDEO)
- The Steve Harvey Show Discusses Martin Lawrence Getting a Star on the Walk of Fame (VIDEO)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Talked to Comedian Earthquake About His New Movie, Tour, and More (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses T.I.’s Anger Over the Cancellation of His Show
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Why the Verdict Against Bill Cosby Might Be Long Overdue (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses What Chris Brown Thinks About His Michael Jackson Comparison
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- WHUR TAKES TOP SLOT IN MAY 2022 NIELSEN RATINGS
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Discusses President Biden’s Gas Tax Holiday (VIDEO)