Radio Facts: Radio Facts: John Legend, who has collaborated with many hip hop music artists has spoken his mind about some of the misogynistic lyrics in the music. In an interview with Rolling Out, the G.O.O.D Music artist said, “Hip-hop has a strong misogynistic streak that we should try to get rid of. More rappers should be careful about what they say about women. I think they’re trying to sound tough, or sound like they don’t give a sh*t. But to me, it just sounds like you’re an a**hole.”
I actually agree with him and I grew up with hip hop music. Some of the stuff I hear is absolutely ridiculous. That is not to say it wasn't a part of the music when I was growing up but now it seems to be the overwhelming theme in at least radio hip-hop.
“Some of the things I hear, I find pretty disgusting,” he added. What do you think?
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- When Keeping it Racist Goes Wrong and Gets You Almost Knocked Out