John Legend, who has collaborated with many hip hop music artists has spoken his mind about some of the misogynistic lyrics in the music. In an interview with Rolling Out, the G.O.O.D Music artist said, “Hip-hop has a strong misogynistic streak that we should try to get rid of. More rappers should be careful about what they say about women. I think they’re trying to sound tough, or sound like they don’t give a sh*t. But to me, it just sounds like you’re an a**hole.”I actually agree with him and I grew up with hip hop music. Some of the stuff I hear is absolutely ridiculous. That is not to say it wasn’t a part of the music when I was growing up but now it seems to be the overwhelming theme in at least radio hip-hop.“Some of the things I hear, I find pretty disgusting,” he added. What do you think?
- Baltimore State’s Attorney and Top Prosecutor Indicted On Federal Charges
- Chubb Rock Launches the Weekend Warriors as an Innovative Option for the Classics
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- K. Michelle Comes Clean about Dangerous Multiple Surgeries in new Lifetime Series (video)
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- The Amazing Howlin’ Wolf: Amazon Prime Documentary Review
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show