Beasley Media Group, Inc. is looking for content creators to provide scalable, shareable, searchable and promotable content to 63 radio station websites of various formats.
Applicants must excel at crafting and distributing music and celebrity/entertainment-oriented journalistic news and editorial lifestyle articles, including blog style posts and list blogs. Must possess an ability to repurpose content and create native advertising and branded content to foster traffic and audience engagement and revenue. Successful candidates must be intimately familiar with BMG’s radio formats, the types of audiences we attract and possess both passion and humor for the music and celebrity-entertainment space in which we compete across all digital platforms.
Specific duties may include (but are not limited to) providing daily pitches; gathering information on project specific areas; editing and proofreading drafts; checking for conceptual or grammatical errors in drafts; managing an editorial calendar; working on articles prepared by other freelance writers if required; auditing and advising local content creators; supporting custom content features and revenue generating opportunities; content marketing; adhering to deadlines; working on special projects if suitable; coordinating with other editorial staff members and programming format captains; demonstrating excellent writing skills; and incorporating various media, including social media, video, audio, audience engagement, gallery and graphic elements to create articles.
- Proven experience writing and producing multi-platform content for Urban, Hip Hop, Adult Contemporary, Pop Culture, Pop Music, Rock and Country music formats and lifestyles;
- Creative and highly motivated to deliver content excellence within any given assigned parameters and topics—while capturing the vibe and humor of our brands and formats;
- Has an inquisitive nature and is dialed into pop culture;
- Able to thrive within a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent grammar and writing skills are essential, along with a visual sensibility;
- Prior experience reporting/writing/repurposing content through media distribution channels;
- Knowledge of SEO and Social Media Posting techniques and policies and email platforms is required;
- Terrific brainstorming and collaboration skills;
- Writing samples and/or portfolio required;
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or mass communications preferred;
Last date for consideration:
Applicants may email: [email protected]
Candidates report to: Beasley Media Group Managing Editor
Candidates will be based in: Detroit, Charlotte or New York City.