Beasley Media Group, Inc. is looking for a Managing Editor to lead/manage the day-to-day operation of its team of digital content editors, providing scalable, shareable, searchable and promotable content to 63 radio station websites of various formats, driving both direct and indirect traffic to our sites.
Will guide team in digital journalism best practices and content showcasing on all BMG digital platforms.
Specific duties may include (but are not limited to): interfacing with Digital Program Directors, Format Captains and PDs to ensure editorial vision is aligned; managing content calendars for each format; packaging and posting content that reflects a national perspective on Breaking National News, Breaking or Trending Entertainment/Celebrity News, Trending stories with national relevancy across markets, Industry Events & Tentpoles that pertain to our various formats and high-profile, format-specific lifestyle packages. We are seeking a highly creative and inspiring leader able to coach the team and ensure that our content is being marketed and optimized for search and delivering a winning user experience across all channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and experience as a Managing or Executive Editor for digital properties within the music and/or entertainment space
- Demonstrates strong management, leadership, communication, collaborative and customer service (internal and external) skills
- Proactive, creative, collaborative, energetic, organized, detailed oriented and able to multi-task and problem solve in a high-energy, fast-paced and constantly transforming environment
- Proven ability to train as a content repurposing, packaging and marketing expert and able to hold a team accountable for a 7-day operation
- Able to construct a virtual news-repurposing room, where the best process, technology and information is being leveraged to obtain our digital goals
- Expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, digital analytics and SEO
- Results-oriented, collaborative and and able to contribute to best practices and content excellence throughout the organization
- Highly honed diplomacy and interpersonal skills—able to work with subordinates, peers, senior leadership and our local teams in a highly effective and positive manner to breed success
- Proven ability to use time effectively, efficiently and productively, and meet deadlines
Last date for consideration:
Applicants may email: [email protected]
Candidate reports to: Kimberly Sonneborn