FIRST STAND-UP COMEDIAN TO REACH A BILLION AUDIO STREAMS ON ANY AUDIO PLATFORM
Digital and Radio Facts: Jim Gaffigan was recently honored by Pandora and presented with the Billionaire Plaque, making him the first stand-up comedian to ever hit one billion track streams on the platform. The Emmy Award-winning, five-time GRAMMY-nominated comedian, actor, writer, producer, and New York Times best-selling author is actually the first stand-up comic to reach a billion audio streams on any audio platform. Gaffigan is the #1 Most Streamed comedian of all time on Pandora, with more than 2 million listeners starting a Jim Gaffigan station. SiriusXM is also celebrating Gaffigan’s career with The Jim Gaffigan Channel (ch. 790 and ch. 98 on weekends) through August 15th.
“It’s ironic that people listened to me doing stand-up a billion times given I can’t get one of my children to listen to me once” stated Gaffigan about his achievement.
Gaffigan, who was recently named one of the highest-grossing comedians by Forbes, is known for his largely clean, observational material about everyday life (food, fatherhood, and laziness), as well as his signature “audience voice.” He has performed stand-up before crowds at some of the most prestigious venues around the globe and has recorded more than a dozen comedy albums, including the just-released, epic travelogue, THE PALE TOURIST, a hilarious concept album inspired by four destinations he visited on his recent tour of the same name. In addition to writing and starring in “The Jim Gaffigan Show,” he is an in-demand actor with film credits including Tesla, Troop Zero, American Dreamer, Them That Follow, Light From Light, Super Troopers 2, Chappaquiddickand the recently released thriller, Most Wanted. He also hosts the popular online shows “Dinner with the Gaffigans” and “Let’s Get Cookin’.”
Drew Miller, Head of Comedy at Pandora, presented the plaque virtually to Gaffigan. “We are delighted to present this plaque to Jim, the first comedian to cross one billion streams on Pandora. Reaching this milestone is a testament to Jim’s incredible talent, universal appeal and timeless material” said Miller. “Congrats, Jim! Thanks for giving our listeners over a billion laughs and counting”.
- D.L. Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Popular DC Radio DJ Dies
- Madd Hatta Exits Radio One Takes on New Position
- Historic 92.3 The Beat in LA: A Great Station with a Dark History
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Madd Hatta Talks about the State of Radio on 90.9 KTSU (video)
- Digital and Radio Facts 10 Best Black Vintage Radio DJs
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- 96.3 WHUR New Afternoon Show: Frank Ski with Nina Brown
- Richard Smallwood Admits Obsession with Suicide