Radio and Music Industry News Sybil Wilkes Tom Joyner Uncategorized

BREAKING NEWS: J Anthony Brown Exits Tom Joyner Morning Show

Originally posted Jan 13, 2016. Remember when J. Anthony Brown quit the on the air?

Sources have informed RadioFacts that comedian has exited his longstanding post with the Tom Joyner Morning show. Brown, according to sources is allegedly upset about the pay and another new syndicated host getting a larger salary from Reach Media….

Today J. Anthony Brown surprised Tom Joyner , and the production staff of the Tom Joyner Morning Show with the following:

After the end of the first break, at 6:10am CT, the hour the following exchanged occurred –

ON AIR – 6:10 am

(Tom Joyner taking the show to break)

Tom Joyner : Ten, ten past the hour

OFF AIR

Tom Joyner : Player, you feel alright?

J. Anthony Brown: Huh?

Tom Joyner : You feel alright today?

J. Anthony Brown: No, I don’t feel good. Uh, in fact I’m quitting. I’m quitting today. (laughter from Tom and Sybil) You guys can have it, man. I’ve had enough of this, seriously. Bye

(more laughter from Tom and Sybil)

Sybil Wilkes: (chucking) Bye? What’s the matter?

Tom Joyner : I don’t know. Did he just cut the mic? Player?…Player?

Off air Tom asked if J. Anthony Brown was alright. J. responded the he was not and that he was “quitting.” Both Tom and Sybil responded with laughter followed by J. Anthony Brown saying he was serious and no further response.

After several tries to reconnect with Brown, Tom Joyner attempted to reach out to him in both a personal and professional way ending with all surprised that he had actually left the studio.

J. Anthony Brown is currently under contract with Reach Media Inc. and the Tom Joyner Morning Show. There is a plan to discuss today’s events with Brown.

Tomorrow on The Tom Joyner Morning Show the Party with a Purpose® continues with weekly co-host Sherri Shepherd, correspondent Don Lemon and guests Marlon Wayans, Affion Crocket, Charlie Murphy and Omari Hardwick; as well as co-host and daily regulars Sybil Wilkes, Huggy Lowdown and comedian Chris Paul.

Hear Audio of J Anthony Brown Quitting.

We will keep all updated as information is received.

See the Most Read Stories for 2019

iHeart Layoffs: What Role will Radio Play in the Digital Shift

WYNN 106.3 Brings “DeDe in the Morning” to Florence, SC, Urban Radio Listeners

Ace

Dana Cortez Women of Color in Media Syndicated Host

Hassahn Liggins

OTHER Ways to Get Your Song Played on the Radio

Jeff Johnson Talks About Getting His Start In Radio With Tom Joyner | RSMS

Rickey Smiley

CUMULUS MEDIA Promotes Dana DiModica to Vice President/Market Manager for its Toledo Radio Station Group

Ace

BRENDA January 13, 2016 at 2:15 pm

IT’S TIME FOR SOME NEW TALENT.
THE SHOW IS BORING, IT’S THE SAME STUFF EVERYDAY.
IF YOU BRING SOME FRESH TALENT IN, YOU MAY GET SOME
NEW LISTENERS.
JAY IS PROBABLY SICK AND TIRED OF SYBIL EMBARRASSING HIM
ON THE SHOW. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT SHE IS EDUCATED.SHE LIKES
TO MAKE HIM FEEL SMALL.
IT’S TIME FOR HER TO GO AND WORK WITH TAVIS.

Six6hands January 13, 2016 at 8:26 pm

One thing I know is that the show is not boring, as well as funny its informative and challenging it inspires me as well as other individuals to contribute to their (the show) core values “Party with a purpose” and as for “J” and Sybil that gag has been running since day one…….and believe me they know how to run a gag which this might as well be, so one thing for sure we will do one thing…………Stay tuned!!

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 6:34 am

I agree. They are informative, professional and hilarious unlike a few of the other radio stations. (I’m not going to mention names). I pray for them and the show.

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Amen!

Brenda Wilson January 14, 2016 at 12:10 pm

I agree! The show is VERY informative! Everyday, I look forward to “Another little known black history fact ..” and the scholarships for HBCU’s.

Sheikwil January 14, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Wow, we should be supporting each other. There are enough of other people dissing we as a people without our help. I’m glad you can still get the TJM Show, because we don’t get any of the syndicated Black Radio shows in our area any more, because the racist town I live in, in the CNY area were cancelled in our area. Not because they weren’t popular, but for the simple fact that show like the TJM Show, The Michael Baisden show, and there was one other popular Black Radio show on, but they all got cancelled because they were keeping the black community informed about what was going on in the black community around the country, because the less informed we are, the more complacent we become, and not cause trouble like they feel the Black Lives Matter protesters are doing. So I stopped listening to the radio completely since they removed all the black radio stations from us receiving them in my area. But they forget that we are not stupid people, they forget, we can still hear the programs via the internet. A lot more black homes have computers and access to the internet than what the media is reporting, so they are not keeping us from being informed, like we were when the TJM show, and I think Michael Baisden show is how the black community learned about the Jena 6 boys from Jena, Louisiana. So don’t knock these black radio shows, because we may not appreciate the music, or their side kicks are permanent guests on the show, buts more important is that we stay informed. Be blessed.

Jacqueline Drake January 15, 2016 at 6:52 am

Great observation…that was my consensus as well on these events

Anonymous January 23, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Salute to you sis ,well said

Anonymous January 15, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Agree

Mike January 13, 2016 at 8:42 pm

That makes no sense….you sound educated too.

Joan January 14, 2016 at 9:43 am

LOL!

James Jones January 13, 2016 at 10:41 pm

It’s always about money! But quitting on air is so unprofessional.

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 7:19 am

Agreed

Monique D January 14, 2016 at 11:26 am

He quit during an off air break

Karen January 14, 2016 at 1:21 pm

The show is far from boring! J Anthony is educated and funny, He can hold His own.

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Writing in all capital letters suggest you are shouting. If you use all caps, widen the space between your words so they are legible.

Darian January 14, 2016 at 4:52 pm

That show is anything but boring! In my eyes, it’s the best show out there. Been listening to them for years!! Still a fan! They crack jokes, but no they don’t act just plain silly. And I’m glad that they don’t. They discuss real issues and professionally cover the news each morning. Tom, J, and Sybil make a great team. Can’t replace neither one of those three. If the team breaks up, I’m out.

Angie Britt January 14, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Yes. I agree. She has a nasty habit of always trying to correct not only J. Anthony Brown, but Tom too at times. Yes, by now everyone who listens to this show knows she’s educated, and I’m all for people being educated, but it’s like she just takes it too far. Things sometimes said incorrectly that were meant to be funny, she just spoils it with her “correctness”. I stopped listening to the show because of her. She’s too fake for me and it really comes through every time she opens her mouth or starts with that fake laugh. Yes, maybe she needs to go be with Tavis or somebody that’s on her “level”.

Michelle Marshall January 13, 2016 at 5:54 pm

Sometime its just time for a change. Sometime people think every thing is a joke. He may feel disrespected .
Or he might just be tired .
Mr . Jay Anthony Brown sometimes you need change . Just know your fans love you.

Dalton Staton January 13, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Jay was and is a great comedian. He rolls with the remarks that are said and does a hell of a job at it. If he leaves, he will be missed. We all know everything comes to an end. This may be Jays swan song. Hope they can work ths out. The cast has an amazing chemistry.

Anonymous January 13, 2016 at 6:46 pm

Actually J Anthony Brown is not that funny anyway on the show. Everytime a guest is talking he rudely cuts them off especially on serious subject matter. Let him go.

Anonymous January 13, 2016 at 10:26 pm

notice you didn’t want to put your name behind that statement..sounded like a hater send a coward to me…

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 11:36 am

You didn’t put your name either… Your name reads as “Anonymous” but I’m wondering if it’s “Pot” or “Kettle.”

Mama Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Babies stop fighting and come in the kitchen and help me fix supper.

Lee Lee January 14, 2016 at 1:43 pm

He’s a comedian. That’s what they do. He’s suppose to be on joke time. They pay him to be funny lady!

Sammie January 14, 2016 at 8:28 pm

J is big reason why I don’t listen to the show as much any more. In addition to being rude to guest he do most of the laughing at his own non funny jokes.

HSJR January 13, 2016 at 6:54 pm

J Anthony Brown is not that funny on the show anyway. He is truly annoying when a guest is speaking on serious subject matter and he is constantly cutting the guest off. He is flat out rude and drives me crazy.

Gary hancock January 13, 2016 at 7:18 pm

It’s all in good fun if he’s not having fun anymore more then later because a comedian not having fun can not be funny.

Sealey2k January 14, 2016 at 9:06 am

Totally agree, Gary. He can’t be funny while thinking about the money. Wish you well where ever you land J.

Theresa January 13, 2016 at 7:41 pm

I love Jay..he is actually the show. Keep Jay and let Sybil go.

Kenny January 15, 2016 at 8:38 pm

You’re right. J is the show. Without him, it’s not funny at all.

Murielcome ba January 13, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Come back Jay. Come back.

TANGALA January 13, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Good for him.. the whole show needs to be revamped..

Anonymous March 6, 2016 at 4:24 am

They show suck now Steve got to go.

TANGALA January 13, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Good for him the whole show needs to be revamped after awhile you get sick of the same voices especially the one in the middle

Chub May 9, 2017 at 2:30 pm

J player player play onnnnnn! you’ll be missed!!!

Anonymous January 13, 2016 at 8:08 pm

I’m surprised it took this long! Tom Joyner allowed his so called friend Kantor to talk him into selling his company. Tom did it and now the white boy Kantor has the top spot. Tom’s alleged retirement was orchestrated. I personally think Tom confided in Kantor during that last divorce, called himself hiding money so Donna wouldn’t wipe him out and the white boy screwed him royally with no Vaseline! And to now be going to an AM station is unbelievable.

Anonymous January 13, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Wish I could’ve heard it. Then again, I’m not a Tom Joyner fan. Good 4 u, J. Anthony Brown, for grabbing ur nuts & taking a stand!!!!!

Angel January 13, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Wish I could’ve heard it live. Then again, I’m not a fan of the show or of Tom Joyner. Way 2 go J. Anthony Brown for grabbing your manhood & taking a stand

Anonymous January 13, 2016 at 8:53 pm

He didn’t have to do it like that. But Marlin would bring more listeners.

Monica Davis January 13, 2016 at 9:39 pm

I like Jay on the show. The other morning shows are buffoonery (not in a good way). I choose not to listen to them. If you do not like the TJMS then I suggest you not listen as well

Anonymous January 13, 2016 at 9:40 pm

He was s pain in the butt all of them….

Indy January 13, 2016 at 9:49 pm

He,was,not great. He was,very rude and messy. Bye!

John Milton Wesley January 13, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Sad to say, he will not be hard to replace. Younger most likely, and more adventurous than cynical.

Anonymous January 13, 2016 at 10:24 pm

I guess he was listening to Steve Harvey and decided it was time to JUMP

Anonymous January 13, 2016 at 10:41 pm

I say, Pay the Man! They Give away a $1000 every Thursday to Mothers who are Struggling…Jay Anthony Brown prolly like Shidd where my $Money at! Lol.. I Quit Lol

Carolyn patterson January 13, 2016 at 10:52 pm

I’m sad about Jay Anthony Brown leaving. I have always enjoyed TJMS for years even after retirement. Please get Jay back. If it’s money, give him more money. He deserves it.! Come on Tom! This is your true friend. Get him back!! Come back Jay! If Jay Anthony Brown is gone for good I’m gone too!

Me, Myself & I January 13, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Tom Joyner morning show is tired anyway, my personal opinion (((shruggs)))

Anonymous January 13, 2016 at 11:45 pm

That is so typical of Tom and Sybil. They laugh at anything, like it’s the funniest thing they ever heard.

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 12:24 am

Wow I just heard the news about Jay Anthony Brown I do love the show but Jay does interrupt when Jackie reid has a informative topic and also I was unprofessional to do it on the air he should have finished out the day

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 2:02 am

J anthony thought he was gonna hit on the poweball

Natasha January 14, 2016 at 3:28 am

I enjoyed listening to J Anthony Broen and Tom Joyner together. It was very entertaining in the morning. Really started my day in a positive way! I am going to miss him if he decides to move on but that is life. You have to adjust to the new changes

Sette January 14, 2016 at 4:57 am

I wonder who the anonymous people are…….hmmmmmm….I really like J Anthony Brown….

Addison January 14, 2016 at 4:59 am

Jay is actually the BEST part of the whole show. Joyner is outdated but with his relationship with Jay, he remained fresh. Sybil is just the average news anchor. She does her job well but there’s nothing particularly stand out about her, or that anyone else couldn’t do, except when she and Jay cut up. Jay is the nucleus for that show. You can bring on other comedians but it’s the rapport that Jay has with Joyner and Sybil that made the show successful.

Darian January 14, 2016 at 6:25 pm

So true!!

James Kirkland January 14, 2016 at 5:12 am

Jay is truly the main reason I listened to the show! He was the one that pulled the show together! Especially when he start preparing to be absent and you can’t wait for him to return to hear his excuse upon returning!
Can’t take friendship for granted! Don’t know the whole story, but do what it takes to get him back and show him that the friendship is more then money egoes, or whatever!

Fdr January 14, 2016 at 5:49 am

The show is great when all three of them are there…. Love it

DEBORAH January 14, 2016 at 5:52 am

The show is like family, when you have a disagreement you call for a meeting, you make jokes about other people airing there bussiness on social media and yet you guys do the same thing. No one is perfect, Mr. Brown you have a valid point but you went about all wrong, everyone can be replaced and tomarrow is not promised. If its not broken don’t try to fix it. Mr. Brown, Mr. Joyner, Ms. Sybil you guys make the show, I hope you can resolve this issues and move on.

Odieodo January 14, 2016 at 6:45 am

I think it’s a bit.I really don’t think J would be that unprofessional.

Derrick January 14, 2016 at 7:20 am

I love J on the show. Jay is very entertaining & yes FUNNY He and Tom roll very well together. Let’s do what’s need to bring him back. The show really needs JAY

Calvin January 14, 2016 at 7:37 am

I would like to submit my resume if the TJMS would like to feature a GOSPEL SONG addition to the show with a trademark inspirational word.I am a awardwinning announcer from the STL former PD FOR KATZ AM. Calvin King contact [email protected] IJS IJP (I’M JUST PRAYING) smile check out the inspiring word on YouTube video ” ,Calvin King Preaching with out a License”

gunslingah January 14, 2016 at 8:15 am

Hmmm, could it be because they’re replacing TTJM 6 a.m. time slot with the Russ Parr show and relocating TTJM show to 1040 am radio? SLAP in the face much!?

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 8:30 am

Huggy not corny. Humorous most times, funny at his best. You not going to laugh at all your favorite comedian jokes.So back off the homie

David January 14, 2016 at 9:12 am

J will be missed. Guess I have to catch him over on the Rickey Smiley Show

EC January 14, 2016 at 9:56 am

I just hope everything works out for all of them as friends, co-workers and getting payed! These brothers and sisters have entertained and informed our communities for a very long time and I for one, appreciate and salute all of their efforts! No hate here!

Felisha January 14, 2016 at 10:07 am

That’s sad, and sure hate to see Jay leave. I’ve heard those same voices over the radio on my way to work for so many years. Well I’m sure he has a valid reason for leaving. If you mess with a person’s money……ain’t a damn thang funny.

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 10:14 am

Jay Anthony is a very, very , very gay too. This may have something to do with it besides the pay.

Darian January 14, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Go sit down somewhere “Anonymous”.

Anthony Crawford January 14, 2016 at 11:17 am

He laugthed all the time.to even laught.at times.everything was funny to him.he needed to leave.even serious.stuff was funny to him.he made fun of david bowie.

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 11:36 am

Jay you will TRULY be MISSED!!!!

L January 14, 2016 at 11:57 am

He wasn’t funny at all to me. He repeated or piggybacked off everything Tom said. I’m sure he will pop up somewhere doing his thing soon. Just needed a change I guess.

Sammie January 14, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Soo not funny. I just hope this not one of their jokes.

Roz January 14, 2016 at 12:34 pm

I hope this is a false report.

Dejay January 14, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Professionalism is always a must. I wish J Anthony the best but the show is TJMS ! ! !

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 1:38 pm

I love J. don’t quit come back strong..

Dee January 14, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Is this another joke? Two years ago they made it seem that Tom fired him when he kept talking about the lady singing Amazing Grace on the subway (or train, or something). When everyone kept calling and texting Tom finally came forward and said it was a joke and that J. was on vacation.

jjwff January 14, 2016 at 5:50 pm

If they need a replacement I’m available! The job pays how much?

Tommy Tuned Out January 14, 2016 at 6:22 pm

I miss when they had Miss Dupre, Myra J, the Gay Guy and the radio soaps–all funny!

Stevo January 14, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Stevo just pay mr brown and keep him happy nothing’s worst than a unhappy comedian. Yes the show can go on but do you really want go without him?

ray January 14, 2016 at 7:20 pm

I agree, I dont find the TJMS, exciting at all, I would listen to it in Houston, and to be honest, I hate it when they say it 10 past the hour, what hour, the jokes are not funny, and as educated as these folks are, they all sound like they dropped out of school in the second grade, I am so tired of these talk personalities with all this education, and even though TJ has his foundation, I just want a change and looking for some Radio folks with some substance, that’s my 2 cents worth!!

rjzhotz75 January 14, 2016 at 7:43 pm

He one of the funniest mf i know! “G.O.A.T”
Just time for change.

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 7:57 pm

They need to replace Huggy Lowdown!!!! His jokes are not funny anymore and hopefully his shows are better.

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 8:27 pm

I love the show they are really making a difference in the world unlike those other shows that thrive on straight drama . Tom show is informative funny and educational . J is a comedien you can’t say nothing too hurt his feeling

Lynn Gray January 14, 2016 at 8:45 pm

I really would hate him leaving the show.I hope if this isn’t a gag Mr. J Anthony Brown remains on the show

Anonymous January 14, 2016 at 10:41 pm

J ditches and is late or doesn’t show with no call or text. That’s not right. Since they didn’t fire him for cause,he decided to quit in a bad way. Tom get a new side kick.

Golden January 15, 2016 at 12:46 am

What go around come around :##### that how TOM let MARIA & MS. DUPREE GO

John January 15, 2016 at 5:59 am

Well I will miss Jay Anthony Brown. His laugh alone had me cracking up.

Stuart January 15, 2016 at 6:51 am

Jay is one funny dude man……And a Great Fit for show! When he interrupts…its halarious to me and he how far to go with it. The three are an awesome team.
RADIO ONE………….WORK IT OUT!!!

Keisha January 15, 2016 at 7:48 am

I absolutely love the TJMS! I have been listening to this show since I was in college back in the 90s. This show is informative and funny. There is no other morning show out there like the TJMS. They help the community, teach our history, stand up for current issues that affect our community, and they make you laugh. They get my morning started!! I liked the chemistry so I hope that Tom, Sybil, and J are doing this shows for many more years.

Anonymous January 15, 2016 at 11:04 am

Seriously though, heard somewhere that the head hunchos wanted Tom to leave so there may be more to the story than meets the immediate eye.

Nelle January 15, 2016 at 2:04 pm

I love J Anthony Brown, he’s been a professional comedian for decades. I have missed his interaction with Myra J ever since she left, that’s when the show was truly funny. Yes, the show/foundation does excellent and valuable work, let’s wish them all well for future success!

John January 15, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Jay is pretty doggone funny. and now I guess he’s just dog gone.

Joyce shepherd January 15, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Good reddens Jay Anthony Brown you are old a not funny haha

FEMA AREA 2 Occupant January 17, 2016 at 6:13 pm

It’s a great show BUT maybe J is tired of not going along with the crowd (Sybil & Tom)
Maybe Jay has political differences and thinks like many Hillary needs to be in jail for Benghazi taking down Kadhfi and he likes Trump it’s hard to say. I’m sure that it’s not about money because Tom is extremely good to his close friends. It’s not April but this is also around the same time last year when Sybil was joked about leaving
One thing I have noticed is all three musketeers agreed more or less and it will be interesting to see how this turns out

Emerson January 17, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Was this post leaked by Tavis Smiley? Smells like his work.

Kechia Taylor January 18, 2016 at 10:13 pm

sad give the man a raise and lets get back to lol

KevRoss January 19, 2016 at 1:37 pm

J Anthony Brown Audio returning to the Tom Joyner Morning Show here > https://radiofacts.com/audio-anthony-browns-return-tom-joyner-show/

Cheryl March 6, 2016 at 8:23 am

Steve is tired. He cannot possibly do all things well. I love Steve, but he has enough to do. Leave Tom Joyner in his spot, and figure out what’s wrong with Jay.

morris france March 6, 2016 at 3:43 pm

What was it that caused Tom J. to ask if J. Brown if he was all right?

daddy mix April 7, 2016 at 8:18 am

The show is corny as hell. All that fake ass laughing .no matter what joke is said .they pretend to throwup laughing. Every thing isnt that damn funny at 6 in the mourning. Cmon now. Really ! Sybils laugh is most ignoring of all the fake laughing. I only listen for the info side of it. But instanly turnoff when that corny ass laughing starts

daddy mix April 7, 2016 at 8:29 am

They like to make corny ass jokes about every one ,but why is it that they never joked about toms ugly ill built ass only got his x wife cause he got money. So they need to stop that playa shit .thats a trick in reality. Tell some jokes about that playas

Auntie Honi October 26, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Wow! I took a couple of months off and Wew! Hey guys, I’ve been listening to the TJMS for over a decade . I wasn’t aware until now, that there was/is a conflict between the team. I must confess during the past year I’ve been alternating between TJMS and Sirius thus reason for dismay. However, here’s my 2 cent, I like the diversity and camaraderie amongst the team. I hope that they can come to some sort of concession and keep the show going. Because the jokes, the news and commentaries are interesting and keeps us informed as well as entertained. So, KEEP UP the great work you guys and try to keep the family together. God bless…

Eddie Thomas November 29, 2016 at 3:54 am

I listen each morning on my way to work. Every job is about money so if, He’s gone let him go one man can’t derail this or any show.

Milton Pierre' Anthony Sr. November 29, 2016 at 1:47 pm

In reality it is a job, people do get fed up and burned out, just like we do on our jobs and in regular life! Public figures that work and are under a microscope all of the time, we do not know the extent of of pressure they are under: for instance Jay just doesn’t go into the bathroom to defecate, and comes out and say ” look what came out Tom i just murdered another hit” I am sure we would all be astonished about the amount of work involved,and as for workplace atmosphere and camaraderie, there is no place of employment where everyone gets along no matter how small the number, all I am saying is that,he is only flesh and blood but yet a great guy; and co-host IN MY OPINION!

Nellie November 29, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Jay doesn’t know that somethings are not funny. But the show will continue without him. Much luck to him.

Jonathan Holmes Charlotte, NC November 30, 2016 at 11:06 pm

Shocked and sadden by J (Hot Sauce Brown’s), departure. Been on the road with work and to finally catch up with the gang and find out J is not there?. Was quite a surprise and judging by Tom and Sybil’s tone, you can clearly tell the chemistry has left the room. They are family and family’s fight, but make up. It’s time for unity and to push aside any animosity and work this out!, you will lose ratings if he leaves. As it has happened before, with the pay dispute. Leave you’re ego’s at the door and pull it together. We only get one go round at this life, it’s full of regrets and this is one of them.

Yvette Davis December 1, 2016 at 2:40 pm

Jonathan, you are so right! I thought it was just me about the chemistry.!!

Yvette Davis December 1, 2016 at 2:37 pm

I have been waiting for him to come back; I just thought he was ill. I love Jay; he is funny, irreverent and I love how he murdered the hits. The TJMS won’t be the same without him!!!

Clidell Conston December 7, 2016 at 9:50 am

I love the Tom Joyner Show. I wake up to it and listen to it until it goes off everyday. All have a role on the show. Tom keeps the show moving, Sybil is the serious one keeps things factual and balanced, and and Jay the comedian, whose job is to be funny. All are very good at what they do. If any of the three elements are missing it’s like missing a piece of a puzzle. I pray that they work their issues out. I really love the Tom Joyner show and what it stands for in the black community especially when it comes to HBCUs.

Walter December 22, 2016 at 3:46 pm

The show’s not the same without Jay

Jezebel December 22, 2016 at 4:03 pm

I listen to them every morning on my way to work and I’m done after Christmas break. It’s not the same without Jay Anthony Brown. And Skip is NOT funny. He’s trying to be like Tom and is not entertaining at all. I’m going to miss you Jay Anthony Brown. Good bye TJMS show.

Michelle Gardner December 28, 2016 at 6:05 pm

I love the show, it’s entertaining and funny, I was in shock when I learn of J Leaving the show, and yes J is funny, I love him, and will miss him dearly

Wayne Taylor January 3, 2017 at 4:10 am

I dont want to listen to the show without mr brown yall just pay the man pls

Anonymous January 3, 2017 at 5:17 am

It’s not the same without Jay. Someone pay the man his worth and renegotiate his contract if necessary!

Cleveland Fan January 5, 2017 at 7:59 am

I love the show and really like the core co-host! The show is not the same without Jay Anthony Brown. I am really saddened and hope that they can work through those issues. We need to have some quality things persevere through time!!! It was both good entertainment and provided good information!

Anonymous January 23, 2017 at 5:31 am

I think the show is not that funny now. J did keep it fun and I hope something can be done to get them back together……. GOD BLESS!!!!!!!

George January 23, 2017 at 7:44 am

Jay was cool. I liked the chemistry they had. It’s like they were best friends on the air. I hope they will work things out for him.

Spyder February 10, 2017 at 6:25 am

I live in Oregon and I listen thru the internet, but I do have to get up early, at least 3 hours. Lol.

Oc April 4, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Hmmm I was so glad when they came.an took that Steve Harvey of in the morning. But I love 94.5 …no jay not Sybil nor tom I loved the team…dam
Now I got bill an aresenio .dumb

Yetta williams May 18, 2017 at 1:18 pm

Get some season and new talent. Love the show but the chose of music and the lack of laughter is lacking. Go back to the style of music that sounds good to your true mid age listener. The comedian you have as host are boring. Your show is going to have to find someone truly funny Sherry Sheppard is not funny. Still love your show but J was great with you & for the show. You have Big Shoes(J) to fill. Good luck

Gina June 2, 2017 at 6:01 am

I will truly miss j Anthony he’s a very funny comedian and I feel that the three of them made the morning show . A radio show we need to have ALWAYS but does sybil want to be the comedian now even though they have one or two on everyday

RB1860 September 25, 2017 at 6:28 am

Shared facts of importance that matter to people who look like us is the true meaning of the show. The rest is just entertainment. Stay on track, stay up and pass it on to the unimformed.

J. Anthony Brown Abruptly Departs the Tom Joyner Morning Show, Unable to Say Farewell On-Air - DailyHollywoodGossip.com | DailyHollywoodGossip.com July 5, 2019 at 8:38 pm

[…] Brown “quit” mid-show in January of this year due to conflicts behind-the-scenes. However, he returned soon after. It’s unclear if the “conflicts” or his departure involves Joyner, Wilkes, or any of the other on-air personalities. […]