Ivan Torres, the Paraguayan pro soccer player, is in mourning after his wife, Cristina Vita Aranda, was shot in the head at a deadly concert on Sunday.
Local reports and The Sun reported that gunfire broke out at the Jose Asuncion Flores Amphitheater in Asuncion, the Paraguayan capital. The couple was in the VIP section of the theatre. The uninjured Torres, reportedly, suffered a panic attack.
A statement by Yolanda Gonzalez, Itaugua Nacional Hospital director, confirmed the death of the 29-year-old.
“She was intubated when she arrived, and attempts were made to resuscitate her for at least 25 minutes after she went into cardiac arrest. She died after the lengthy attempts to save her life,” said Gonzalez reported The Sun.
A “collateral victim” in the crime, police chief Benicio Ramirez, said Aranda was not the target. The Sun reported that a local radio station was told by Ramirez that “The initial police theory is that she was a collateral victim. She was shot in the head and didn’t survive.”
Authorities are still investigating the shooting. The local hospital treated four other people from the event between the ages of 23 and 40. They also suffered gunshot wounds.
Torres and Aranda had marriage issues. Per an Instagram post last December, Aranda announced the pair were filing for divorce after ten years of marriage. It was believed that the couple was working on their marriage at the time of Aranda’s death.
On Tuesday, what appeared to be wedding day footage was shared by Torres on his Instagram account.
“This is how I will remember you, my love, with that beautiful smile and that big heart. I promise that I will miss you very much, nothing will be the same without you, just to thank you for these 11 years by my side, for teaching me to recognize my mistakes, to forgive, to believe, to be better, to love unconditionally, that Despite the difficulties we had to be prepared for the next opportunity, you told me that you wanted to reach the heart of each woman and impact them,” wrote Torres.
He continued, “I know that God granted it to you and will continue to do so, and THANK YOU for those three children you gave me. I will honor your name by giving my best so that they look like you. LOVE YOU.”
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sexual Contact … but Work (video)