INDIA SHAWN UNVEILS NEW SINGLE & MUSIC VIDEO “MOVIN’ ON” FEATURING ANDERSON
Today, acclaimed Los Angeles singer, songwriter, and artist India Shawn presents a new single and music video entitled “Movin’ On” [feat. Anderson .Paak].
Get it HERE via Epic Records.
The accompanying cinematic visual notably marks the directorial debut of three-time GRAMMY® Award winner Anderson .Paak and features cameos from the esteemed group The Free Nationals and R&B singer/songwriters Ambré and Kirby.
The video premieres today on BET Soul and also on YouTube with an exclusive fan chat.
About the song, India commented, “ ‘Movin’ On’ is the magic that happens when you get your dream producer D’Mile and dream collaborator Anderson .Paak on the same track! It’s good energy all around, which helps to anchor the message of moving away from a toxic situation into a space that feels GOOD.”
In the clip, India sips a little too much at a friend’s wedding only to wake up the next day with a new focus on wellness, self-care, and change in the aftermath of a relationship’s end. In addition to lensing the action as his official directorial debut, Anderson .Paak’s face pops up in the most surprising of places (on a flower girl at the wedding reception and on a flexible yoga instructor in the park). The beat channels nineties R&B as India’s dynamic delivery once again captivates on this bold breakup anthem. The song continues a longstanding musical relationship between these two disruptors as India has joined The Free Nationals on tour around the world and most recently for an NPR “Tiny Desk” concert.
“Movin’ On” arrives on the heels of her recent single “NOT TOO DEEP” [feat. 6lack]. The latter has already generated 1.9 million Spotify streams, while the music video clocked 588K-plus YouTube views. Receiving critical praise, UPROXX placed it among “All The Best New R&B From This Week That You Need To Hear,” and Rated R&B exclaimed, “She is more than ready and capable of telling the world what she has to say.” Nylon featured the song on “Soundcheck: The 10 Best Music Releases of the Week” and described it as “a cut for those crucial incense-lighting hours.”
- Michael B. Jordan Partners with LyftUp to Provide Free Ride to Underserved Communities
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- UNOTHEACTIVIST DROPS MUSIC VIDEO FOR “AYE YAI YAI”
- Award Winning Documentary “Push” Directed by Fredrik Gertten Opens in The Us This Friday – On Sept 25 Across The Nation in Virtual Cinema
- RILEYY LANEZ DROPS NEW VIDEO FOR “FOUL PLAY” (video)
- D.L. Hughley Says America Has a Real Problem and It’s Not Colin Kaepernick
- Acoustic Sounds Series Continues with Nina Simone’s Quintessential 1965 Albums “I Put a Spell On You” and “Pastel Blues”
- Terry Curtin Joins Solstice as EVP Communications
- Da Brat Clears Up Rumors Surrounding In Her Interview On Kandi Burruss’s “Speak On It” [WATCH]
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief's Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)