KBKS 106.1 KISS FM announced today the debut of “The Jubal Show,” starring Jubal, one of Seattle’s most popular and renowned radio personalities and stand-up comedians. “The Jubal Show” will broadcast weekday mornings from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and will debut August 2020.
Jubal is a marquee talent, with a proven track record of driving ratings and revenue both locally and nationally. After 10 years of captivating listeners around the Seattle region with his highly successful syndicated Contemporary Hit Radio morning show, Jubal returns home to where it all began at 106.1 KISS FM, where he spent the first several years of his career. He will be joined by his wife, Alex Fresh, and additional hosts to be named at a later date.
“We couldn’t be more excited to partner with Jubal on his next endeavor and welcome him to iHeartMedia Seattle,” said Robert Dove, Market President for iHeartMedia Seattle. “Jubal’s ability to cultivate a diverse fan base across America, but most importantly, right here in Seattle, was just something we could not miss. I’m excited to welcome him and Alex to the team!”
“We are just trying to give the people what they want,” said Maynard, Executive Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia. “And they want JUBAL!”
In addition, Jubal has received an array of awards and accolades celebrating his on-air career, including the National Radio Hall of Fame “One to Watch” Award and the prestigious Marconi Award for “Large Market Personality of the Year.”
“I’m going back to KISS because when I left 10-years ago, I didn’t get the chance to clean out my desk, and I just want my favorite pen back,” said Jubal. “Oh, and also the amazing opportunity to work for, and with, the best in the business at iHeartMedia. I’m constantly trying to evolve and grow and find new innovative ways to entertain my audiences and iHeart is always on the cutting edge. This new chapter is going to be bananas. Plus, I get my pen back!”
iHeartMedia is the leading media outlet in the Seattle market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast Radio Station s; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service – with more than 2 billion app downloads and more than 140 million registered users.
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- DC Council candidate Nate Fleming carjacked in Northeast DC (video)
- Cumulus Media Appoints New Program Director
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Women’s NBA Pioneer Lusia Harris dies at 66
- BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show