Radio Facts: A coroner has ruled that an accidental overdose of methadone and alcohol killed the husband of singer-songwriter Corinne Bailey Rae, reports say.
Police found the body of Scottish-born Jason Rae, 31, at a flat in the Hyde Park area of Leeds, West Yorkshire, on March 22. Leeds Coroner's Court said the saxophonist had alcohol and methadone, a heroin substitute, in his blood.
He also found traces of cocaine and ecstasy during the post-mortem examination, but said those would not have contributed to Mr. Rae's death. Coroner David Hinchliff gave a verdict of “death by misadventure,” according to Eurweb.com.
Bailey Rae, 29, met her husband at a Leeds jazz club where she was working as a cloakroom attendant. They married in 2001.
In a statement read by the coroner in court, the singer, who was not present, said her husband had struggled with alcohol for “a few years.”
“My husband is my first and only true love,” she said. “He is the most beautiful and complex person I have ever known. He is utterly irreplaceable.”
Rae's band played as a backing band for Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson and Bailey Rae herself, and had recently released a debut album, “Hot Damn!,” at the time of his death.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Urban AC, 102.9 KBLX, SAN FRANCISCO presents, “The Women of KBLX Virtual Empowerment Forum
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Sen. Hillman T. Frazier to keynote 143rd Founders’ Day at JSU