TIM POHLMAN NAMED SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT AND MARKET MANAGER, CBS RADIO CHICAGO
Tim Pohlman has been named Senior Vice President and Market Manager of CBS RADIO’s operations in Chicago, it was announced today by Scott Herman, Chief Operating Officer, CBS RADIO. Pohlman, who will report to Herman, has served as the Senior Vice President and Market Manager of CBS RADIO Phoenix for the past six years. The appointment is effective immediately.
In this new role, Pohlman will manage all operations for the market’s stations including WBBM-AM/WCFS-FM (News), WBBM-FM (Top 40), WJMK-FM (Classic Hits), WSCR-AM (Sports), WUSN-FM (Country), and WXRT-FM (Adult Alternative). Pohlman’s replacement in Phoenix will be announced at a later date.
“Tim’s successful experience with various CBS RADIO stations demonstrates a remarkable ability to consistently deliver positive results for the division, our listeners and our customers,” said Herman. “He has a clear understanding of our operational vision and is skilled at implementing winning business strategies. Tim is among the best in the industry, and I look forward to welcoming him to the Chicago cluster.”
Pohlman succeeds Rod Zimmerman, who has been in the post since 2003, and is stepping down from his position to pursue other opportunities.
He previously held various positions at CBS RADIO Los Angeles including Market Manager of the cluster, Vice President/General Manager of KTWV-FM, and Director of Sales for KFWB-AM and KTWV. Pohlman also was Director of Sales for former Group W stations WCXR-FM and WCPT-AM in Washington, D.C., and held various positions at WWMG-FM in Charlotte, WFOX-FM in Atlanta, and WHIO-AM/FM in Dayton.
Pohlman received his degree in communications from the University of Dayton.
About CBS RADIO
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches nearly 70 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information on CBS RADIO, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
- Attorney Ben Crump and George Clinton Holding Meeting in Front of Sony Music HQ about Industry Stealing Intellectual Property
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Ingrooves Music Group Awarded U.S. Patent for Leveraging A.I. to Identify High-Value Streaming Audiences
- 5 Verzuz Battles That Would Break the Internet
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- TSU students seek internships, job opportunities as record number of companies attend first-ever virtual career fair
- Vanessa Bryant Issues Statement Following Her Mother’s ‘More Than Painful’ Accusations
- Westwood One and Imperative Entertainment’s Podcast Division Launch the Red Note And La Nota Roja
- “The Chris Stigall Show” Takes 10am-Noon Weekdays on Kansas City’s KCMO Talk Radio
- POP TALKS: Closing Keynote Conversation with Dua Lipa