Digital and Radio Facts: Radio Facts: With increasing revenue opportunity of digital music distribution in international markets, TuneCore Music Publishing Administration today announced two new sub-publishing agreements that bring revenue-collection opportunities in Brazil and Greece. The deals with independent publishers Basement Brazil Editoria Musical, Ltda. and D-Version Music Publishing, Ltd. will enable songwriters who use TuneCore Music Publishing Administration to receive royalty payments when their compositions are performed, downloaded, streamed and sold.
The agreements with Basement and D-Version give TuneCore the ability to register songwriters’ compositions with the local societies responsible for local royalty collection. Once a composition is registered, the royalties collected by the society on behalf of the songwriter will be collected and redistributed by TuneCore. Without a publishing administrator, these earned royalties would be virtually impossible for independent songwriters to collect from the local society.
International markets are growing revenue drivers for independent artists, and Brazil and Greece both hold particularly high growth potential. Brazil continues to be a fast-growing music market, as indicated by TuneCore Artist revenues increasing 147% in 2013 vs. 2012.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- Anthony Brown of Anthony Brown and Group Therapy Joins New 96.3 WHUR Sunday Line-Up as Radio Host
- Dave Chappelle Tells Critics to STFU During Epic Emmy Speech
- ABC Audio’s Power Portal Offers 34 Original Videos to Affiliates During Virtual Emmy Awards and The Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards
- 24KGOLDN CONQUERS THE #1 SPOT ON SPOTIFY’S GLOBAL TOP 50 CHART
- Statement from Michael Huppe, President and CEO of SoundExchange on the appointment of Shira Perlmutter to Register of Copyrights
- Money with Friends’ Fall 2020 Guest Line-Up Boasts Top Thought Leaders in Business and Personal Finance
- Amanda Seales: Whiteness is Nothing to be Proud Of
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry