Digital and Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Sister 2 Sister Magazine, the national entertainment magazine focused on the interests of Black women, today announced that the company is restructuring from publishing a subscriber and newsstand-based print publication to a digital platform that integrates content, events and social media activities to enhance the consumer experience and increase advertiser visibility.
“For our readers who still love the print-edition of Sister 2 Sister, the magazine is not going away,” said Publisher and Founder Jamie Foster Brown. “We are putting it on hiatus while we reorganize to embrace the digital age for our subscribers and advertisers. We remain as dedicated to our mission today as we were 26 years ago.”
According to Foster Brown, the Maryland/DC-based multimedia company plans continued operation of its popular website, s2smagazine.com, during the restructuring period. The site, which features daily news and lifestyle coverage, has achieved an audience of 2 million unique visitors per month and enjoys the growing support of national advertisers. In addition to growing its digital platform, the company is making plans to produce more branded events, archive its rich history, while continuing to unite artists, their fans and marketers to create the ultimate experience for consumers.
Launched in 1988, Sister 2 Sister highlighted the interests of African-American women in hip-hop and R&B popular culture. Along the way, a large male readership joined in and became a part of the community, which now includes many of today’s most popular “Sister 2 Sister is a unique voice in entertainment journalism, Hip Hop and popular culture,” said Foster Brown. “We represent an important audience and will continue to provide a bridge for advertisers who recognize the widespread influence of our brand.”
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Attorney Ben Crump and George Clinton Holding Meeting in Front of Sony Music HQ about Industry Stealing Intellectual Property
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- Money with Friends’ Fall 2020 Guest Line-Up Boasts Top Thought Leaders in Business and Personal Finance
- 24KGOLDN CONQUERS THE #1 SPOT ON SPOTIFY’S GLOBAL TOP 50 CHART
- ABC Audio’s Power Portal Offers 34 Original Videos to Affiliates During Virtual Emmy Awards and The Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards
- Amanda Seales: Whiteness is Nothing to be Proud Of
- Dave Chappelle Tells Critics to STFU During Epic Emmy Speech
- Anthony Brown of Anthony Brown and Group Therapy Joins New 96.3 WHUR Sunday Line-Up as Radio Host
- The 2020 iHeartRadio Music Festival Celebrated Its 10th Anniversary with Iconic Performances and Surprise Collaborations