Digital and Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Universal Music Group (UMG), the world’s leading music company, has named Michael Frey, President, Supply Chain & Media Services, effective November 10. Frey, who joins UMG from his current role as President, Sony DADC New Media Solutions, will oversee UMG’s global digital and physical supply chains, production/logistics and asset management. He will report to UMG’s EVP and Chief Financial Officer, Boyd Muir.
In making the announcement, Muir said, “Michael brings his experience in music, technology and media along with a compelling style of leadership to this vital position, which combines strategic and commercial responsibilities. As the global leader in music, we require state-of-the-art infrastructures to manage music and related content across a variety of partners and platforms. As the industry becomes more diverse and complex, requiring best-in-class structures and systems to leverage opportunities, companies simply must have highly capable executives such as Michael if they are to succeed. We’re thrilled to have him in this role.”
Frey joined Sony Corporation of America in 2004 and was named its President of New Media Solutions in 2010. In this role he was responsible for the development, implementation and execution of digital marketing, immersive consumer experiences and digital supply chain solutions for customers across media and entertainment. Frey served as the Senior Vice President of Supply Chain Operations for Technicolor from 2002 to 2004, overseeing operations of the company’s Home Entertainment Services Division. Prior to joining Technicolor, Frey was the Senior Vice President, Customer Fulfillment Operations and iMusic for EMI Music Distribution.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Lyft Denies Incident in Atlanta involved their Vehicle or Driver? (video)
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- Black Mother Stands Up to Cop and Refuses to Let Her Son Become a Hashtag (VIDEO)
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- Westwood One and Imperative Entertainment’s Podcast Division Launch True
- It Has Come to this: Bulletproof Backpacks to Protect Children in Chicago Have Arrived
- ENTERCOM RELAUNCHES THE NEW STAR 94 IN ATLANTA
- Today, I Walked into the First Amazon Fresh Store in the U.S., THIS is what I Saw
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)