Digital and Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Vince Szydlowski has been appointed Senior Vice President of Label Sales for Capitol Music Group, it was announced by Greg Thompson, Executive Vice President of the company. In his new position, Szydlowski will implement and execute the Group’s sales and retail marketing strategies, incorporating those plans into the efforts of Universal Music Group Distribution (UMGD) and managing Capitol’s vital interaction with that company. He will oversee Capitol Music Group’s National Sales staff in the design and planning of strategic retail campaigns. Szydlowski is based in Hollywood in the company’s iconic Capitol Tower.
Szydlowski comes to CMG directly from his role as Vice President of National Sales for Universal Music Group Distribution (UMGD), a position he held for seven years. While at UMGD, he managed and developed national sales account teams representing Universal Music Group labels to key accounts and partners, including Apple, Google, Amazon, YouTube, Rhapsody, Microsoft and Starbucks. He also worked closely with label and vendor partners to establish robust promotional release campaigns, negotiate business terms and develop and execute business strategies.
According to Greg Thompson, “Vince brings a wealth of music and sales experience to the Capitol Music Group, and his years in the UMGD family makes him the ideal candidate to join our team and lead our strategy across the many platforms in the ever-changing commercial landscape. All of us at CMG welcome Vince to the Tower.”
Szydlowski commented, “The entire industry recognizes the incredible music company that Steve, Greg, Michele Jubelirer and the entire CMG team are building, and the tremendous progress they’ve made in such a relatively short time. I’m incredibly excited to be joining this thriving company as I take the lead in label sales and work for the advancement of the incredible artists within CMG’s roster. I thank them for the opportunity and I am honored to be coming to the Tower.”
Prior to being named VP at UMGD, Szydlowski was the company’s Senior Director of National Sales, Catalog & Associated Labels, a position he was named to in 2004 when joining UMGD. In that post, he liaised with catalog divisions within UMG to develop, launch and analyze national programs to ensure maximum profit and market relevance. He aided the company’s non-owned label partners in determining sales objectives, production management, marketing budgets and effective account setup.
Szydlowski was Senior Director of Product for Virgin Entertainment Group for six years before joining UMGD. He began his industry career at Virgin in 1992.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Lyft Denies Incident in Atlanta involved their Vehicle or Driver? (video)
- Revolt Summit X AT&T Announce 2020 Programming Designed to Empower and Inspire Next Generation of Black Leaders
- Can the AKA’s Do It Again and Raise $1 Million in a Day to Support HBCUs?
- Black Mother Stands Up to Cop and Refuses to Let Her Son Become a Hashtag (VIDEO)
- ALL IN: THE FIGHT FOR DEMOCRACY Now Available on Prime Video and in Theaters
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- The Undeniable BEST Black Female Singers of All Time