Digital and Radio Facts:
BMI composers and music directors Rickey Minor and William Ross were featured at the Society of Composers Lyricists (SCL) Musical Direction seminar on Thursday, Aug. 7, at the American Film Institute (AFI) in Los Angeles. Minor is the musical director for american idol and has been a music director for the GRAMMYs and other awards shows and specials, earning four Emmy nominations in the process. He was previously the musical director for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Ross is a composer and arranger whose work has been featured in films and TV. He has won four Emmy awards, including Outstanding Music Direction for the 79th Academy Awards and Outstanding Original Music for his work on the song “Hugh Jackman Opening Number” from the 81st Academy Awards. Ross has also received two BMI Film Music Awards.
During the seminar, Minor and Ross shared insights on their musical careers while also elaborating on the nuances of composing, conducting, arranging and orchestrating in film, TV, theater and live performances.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- Anthony Brown of Anthony Brown and Group Therapy Joins New 96.3 WHUR Sunday Line-Up as Radio Host
- Dave Chappelle Tells Critics to STFU During Epic Emmy Speech
- ABC Audio’s Power Portal Offers 34 Original Videos to Affiliates During Virtual Emmy Awards and The Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards
- 24KGOLDN CONQUERS THE #1 SPOT ON SPOTIFY’S GLOBAL TOP 50 CHART
- Statement from Michael Huppe, President and CEO of SoundExchange on the appointment of Shira Perlmutter to Register of Copyrights
- Money with Friends’ Fall 2020 Guest Line-Up Boasts Top Thought Leaders in Business and Personal Finance
- Attn: Black Music Executives Pertaining to Racism in the Industry
- SoundCloud Kicks Off New “Turn Up the Vote” Campaign to Turn Out the Youth Vote