Life just got a bit easier for songwriters and publishers. To meet the needs of today’s changing marketplace, ASCAP, BMI, and SOCAN have collaborated to create MusicMark. The new initiative is designed to simplify the music registration process, and create a synchronized picture of the music of the songwriters, composers and music publishers that each performing rights organization (PRO) represents.
ASCAP, BMI and SOCAN together issued the following statement about MusicMark:
“ASCAP, BMI and SOCAN launched MusicMark to give our members a more efficient way to register their music. As of March 31st, 2014, publishers that use Common Works Registration (CWR) can submit registration files to all three organizations simultaneously via MusicMark, even if the work was co-written by members of different societies. Each PRO will then integrate the data into its repertory of works.
“We remain three distinct organizations, and anyone who uses MusicMark will continue to receive royalty distributions from each PRO individually. But we are united in our commitment to making the registration process more convenient for all of our respective members. We look forward to sharing more details about MusicMark in the coming months.”
- The Black Effect Podcast Network Names Dollie S. Bishop President of Production and Creative Development
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Musician Kashif Found Dead
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- Dave Chappelle Tells Critics to STFU During Epic Emmy Speech
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Vanessa Bryant Was Not Too Happy After the LA County Sheriff called out LeBron James
- Gaidaa Releases Amazon Original “Falling Higher” (DJ Moma Remix)
- YOUR GRANDPARENTS DROP UPBEAT FUNK TRACK “TOMORROW”
- Kiss 108 Raises Over $100,000 To Help Massachusetts Schools Fund Technology Needs