Digital and Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Music industry heavy hitters Spinderella, Just Blaze and dj Clue will use their renowned and respected DJ’ing expertise to help crown the 2014 McDonald’s Flavor Battle champion during an online broadcast this Wednesday at 9 p.m. EST on FlavorBattle.com. The judges will watch as dj R-Tistic of Los Angeles, dj Niena Drake of Chicago and dj Erika B of Newport News, Va., battle it out on the 1s and 2s for the chance to win a $10,000 grand prize and major bragging rights.
Now in its fifth year, the competition has been fierce since it began last November with 12 beatsmiths from across the country vying online for a shot to represent their region and one of McDonald’s Quarter Pounder burgers – Bacon Habanero Ranch Quarter Pounder* (West), Deluxe Quarter Pounder (Central) and Bacon & Cheese Quarter Pounder (East) – during the in-studio finale. In the end, dj R-Tistic, dj Niena Drake and dj Erika B trumped the competition by earning the most votes.
The final three will be judged on crowd appeal, mixing skills, technique and performance flow. Throughout the finale, TV personality and radio host, Sway Calloway of “Sway In The Morning,” will serve as the social media correspondent and will help keep the chatter going with viewers and music enthusiasts everywhere.
“The excitement surrounding the McDonald’s Flavor Battle competition grows each year,” says four-time judge and iconic DJ, Spinderella. “The competition is hotter than ever and it’s great to see how each dj brings their own flavor. This is a must-watch finale.”
Be sure to watch the finale on February 26 at 9 p.m. EST on FlavorBattle.com.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Attorney Ben Crump and George Clinton Holding Meeting in Front of Sony Music HQ about Industry Stealing Intellectual Property
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- Money with Friends’ Fall 2020 Guest Line-Up Boasts Top Thought Leaders in Business and Personal Finance
- 24KGOLDN CONQUERS THE #1 SPOT ON SPOTIFY’S GLOBAL TOP 50 CHART
- ABC Audio’s Power Portal Offers 34 Original Videos to Affiliates During Virtual Emmy Awards and The Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards
- Amanda Seales: Whiteness is Nothing to be Proud Of
- The 2020 iHeartRadio Music Festival Celebrated Its 10th Anniversary with Iconic Performances and Surprise Collaborations
- Dave Chappelle Tells Critics to STFU During Epic Emmy Speech
- Anthony Brown of Anthony Brown and Group Therapy Joins New 96.3 WHUR Sunday Line-Up as Radio Host