Digital and Radio Facts: Radio Facts: THE WEEKND is set to launch his fall headline tour starting with two shows at the Orpheum Theatre in Vancouver, British Columbia September 6-7. The jaunt will see the platinum-selling Canadian artist, producer, and visionary hit major cities in the U.S. before wrapping up with three hometown shows in Toronto, Ontario at Massey Hall October 17, 19-20.
On stage, Alt-R&B’s futuristic provocateur seamlessly merges his chaotically sexy music with haunting and hypnotic visuals, making for an immersive live experience that spares none of the senses. His impressive falsetto carries with the same tortured bliss on stage, creating a must-see evening for fans and newcomers alike.
Support on the tour will come from Australian electronic dance music seductress Anna Lunoe and LA-based singer songwriter Banks, creating a diverse and dynamic evening hand-picked by the headliner.
“THE FALL” tour will come on the heels of the soon to be announced release of his sophomore album, Kiss Land [XO/REPUBLIC RECORDS], which is due out at the end of the summer. Easily one of the most anxiously awaited albums of 2013, THE WEEKND has already given fans a preview of record with the release of a self-titled teaser track. The song, “Kiss Land”, is another sonic seduction under a blanket of synth gyrations and piercing falsetto, and its available now on iTunes.
With 30 songs on his platinum-certified landmark debut Trilogy , he captivated both listeners and critics. Upon release, the collection landed at #4 on the Billboard Top 200. Digitally, it reached #2 on the iTunes Overall Albums Chart, while holding strong on the R&B chart.
Major gatekeepers continue to extol THE WEEKND. The New York Times called him “other worldly”, The Source named him “Songbird of his generation, while The Guardian dubbed him a “blatantly provocative and daring new artist”. Spin put it best in two simple words, “Totally amazing”.
HE WEEKND would now like to formally invite you into Kiss Land .
|9/6 Vancouver, BC||Orpheum Theatre|
|9/7 Vancouver, BC||Orpheum Theatre|
|9/10 Seattle, WA||Paramount Theater|
|9/13 Berkeley, CA||The Greek Theatre ““ Berkeley|
|9/14 Santa Barbara, CA||Santa Barbara Bowl|
|9/16 Los Angeles, CA||The Greek Theatre|
|9/17 Los Angeles, CA||The Greek Theatre|
|9/20 Broomfield, CO||1st Bank Center|
|9/22 Grand Prairie, TX||Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie|
|9/23 Cedar Park, TX||Cedar Park Center|
|9/24 Houston, TX||Bayou Music Center|
|9/26 Tampa, FL||David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts|
|9/27 Orlando, FL||Hard Rock Live|
|9/28 Miami, FL||James L. Knight Center|
|9/30 Atlanta, GA||Fox Theatre|
|10/1 Charlotte, NC||Ovens Auditorium|
|10/2 Durham, NC||Durham Performing Arts Center|
|10/4 Camden, NJ||Susquehanna Bank Center|
|10/5 Washington, D.C.||DAR Constitution Hall|
|10/7 New York, NY||Radio City Music Hall|
|10/8 New York, NY||Radio City Music Hall|
|10/11 Boston, MA||Orpheum Theatre|
|10/13 Chicago, IL||Chicago Theatre|
|10/14 Chicago, IL||Chicago Theatre|
|10/15 Detroit, MI||Fox Theatre|
|10/17 Toronto, ON||Massey Hall|
|10/19 Toronto, ON||Massey Hall|
|10/20 Toronto, ON||Massey Hall|
- Attorney Ben Crump and George Clinton Holding Meeting in Front of Sony Music HQ about Industry Stealing Intellectual Property
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Money with Friends’ Fall 2020 Guest Line-Up Boasts Top Thought Leaders in Business and Personal Finance
- The 2020 iHeartRadio Music Festival Celebrated Its 10th Anniversary with Iconic Performances and Surprise Collaborations
- Amanda Seales: Whiteness is Nothing to be Proud Of
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- “The Chris Stigall Show” Takes 10am-Noon Weekdays on Kansas City’s KCMO Talk Radio
- POLO G MAKES TELEVISION DEBUT WITH PERFORMANCE OF “MARTIN AND GINA” ON THE TONIGHT SHOW STARRING JIMMY FALLON
- Hillary Clinton Partners with iHeartMedia to Launch New iHeartRadio Original Podcast “You and Me Both with Hillary Clinton”