Radio Facts: Debbie Wagner, who has spent all but 14 months of her 29-year media career in Tucson “ and is as responsible as any executive for the success of the Å“Johnjay and Rich morning radio show “ has left the market. She was promoted by her bosses to take over as president and market manager of Clear Channel Communicationsâ„¢ seven radio stations in San Diego.
In Tucson, Director of Sales Tom Zlaket Jr., was named acting market manager.
Wagnerâ„¢s appointment to her new position must have come suddenly. Not only was it effective immediately, Dec. 18, but she had not changed her Tucson phone voice message, which as of last week still had her saying she would be out of the office until Dec. 16. According to others, Wagner has remained in San Diego. Wagner is replacing a market manager who had been running Clear Channelâ„¢s San Diego stations for three years but, judging from accounts from advertising agencies there, theyâ„¢ve been three years of at least some turmoil within the group. Although Clear Channelâ„¢s announcement of the management change wished the former manager, Bob Bolinger, Å“well in his future endeavors, there had been speculation for at least three months that he was going to be replaced. [source]
- One of Nielsen’s Top Black Executives Sues Charging Discrimination
- TOWNSQUARE Appoints Market President/Chief Revenue Officer Of Lufkin With “Local First” Experience To Lead In Killeen-Temple
- Chicago Rapper Hires Friends to Murder his own Mother for her Insurance Money
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Black Man with Knife Shot and Killed By Cops in West Philly (Graphic Video)
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- White Guy Stabs a Police Officer and Is Still Breathing (VIDEO)
- Chartmetric Partners with Sirius XM/Pandora on Music Analytics
- Sony/ATV Signs Brad Cox to Global Deal
- Is Wendy Williams OK? (video)