Radio One Inc., the largest radio broadcasting company targeting African-American and urban listeners, is busy building audience through another platform “” the Internet.
The company has quietly begun relaunching websites at its 53 radio stations. It recently relaunched all of its sites in the Washington D.C. market, including KYSDC.com, MyMajicDC.com, praisedc.com, myspiritdc.com and woldcnews.com. Relaunches in other Radio One markets are to follow.
It's all a part of Radio One's desire to develop additional revenue streams. Local radio stations of every type have been hit hard by the recession. Sales from automotive advertising “” a staple of radio ad sales “” is near historic lows in some markets, and other advertisers have shifted advertising away from radio and onto the Web. By relaunching its web sites, Radio One expects to be in better position to generate more revenue from Internet sales.
The strategy makes sense. The company has stations in key urban areas such as Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Cleveland , Dallas, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. With the network of stations Radio One will be able to offer major advertisers large, national campaigns featuring both the Web and the radio stations. That could give the company an advantage over some sites that lack the promotional power of a radio partner.
In addition to the 53 stations, Radio One owns Giant Magazine a financial stake in TV One, and a majority stake in Reach Media, Inc., home of the Tom Joyner Morning Show (TJMS) and
Radio One Looks To The Internet To Boost Revenues | Black Web 2.0.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced
- Urban AC, 102.9 KBLX, SAN FRANCISCO presents, “The Women of KBLX Virtual Empowerment Forum
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- DL Hughley Stands by Biden and Harris While Highlighting Ice Cube’s Cynicism
- Daddy Yankee, Anuel Aa And Kendo Kaponi Reup International Smash “DON DON” With Remix Featuring Sisqó
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show